AquaStream XT

waterlogged, you have seen that we have a RSS newsfeed on our site? A good way to stay up to date ;)

Shoggy.....How many Aquastream XT's will the aquaero handle?

I may be miss understanding but the new XT;s are USB and is it even necessary to connect it to the aquaero.

Sorry if this has been already answered, I have been out the aqua game for a little bit.

Shoggy.....How many Aquastream XT's will the aquaero handle?

I may be miss understanding but the new XT;s are USB and is it even necessary to connect it to the aquaero.

Sorry if this has been already answered, I have been out the aqua game for a little bit.

I am not sure if the XT will communicate with the Aquero via the aquabus but if so more than you can shove in a UFO case.

@C-17: you can connect two aquastream XT pumps to the aquaero via aquabus. Neither an USB connection nor a connection to the aquaero is required to run the pump (in automatic mode).

Thanks Shoggy...R1ckCa1n i remember you from years ago i was aviddigi on here. I got some aqua stuff coming in and will be building another large case system v2000 or v2100. with two aquasteam xts.

I own an XT Ultra pump and I honestly tried hard to like it. However, I've come to the conclusion that it's in my best interest to simply forget it, until they iron out the bugs (if ever). With every firmware update so far the problems have compounded each other, ranging from not flashing properly, dropping communication with the Aquaero, Aquasuit software access rendered useless, or even not being recognized by your mobo at all....take your pick...something is bound to go wrong.

In addition, questions on their English forum that put their product in critical light are simply ignored. Perhaps the idea is to let them drop off the front page so people forget about them? For instance, I asked the below question over 2 weeks ago:

Hi.

With two Aquastream XT pumps connected to an Aquaero, can I use both internal pump temp sensors to control different fan groups that are connected to the Aqauero?

...I think I can, but like to verify that the temp sensor can be selected just like a regular external one.

Thanks.

Regardless of the answer, I know better now not to try the above. The connection through the Aquabus cannot be relied upon. If it gets dropped (and it will) you may fry your components due to lack of cooling, Also, the internal temp sensor seems to be very inconsistent. They've published new temp curves, but they're of little use when they change after a fresh power on or whatever mysterious "non-sanctioned" event...

That's a real shame...seemed like it has potential to be pretty useful. It's also a shame that this isn't a very friendly place for getting help either. :mad:

I own an XT Ultra pump and I honestly tried hard to like it. However, I've come to the conclusion that it's in my best interest to simply forget it, until they iron out the bugs (if ever). With every firmware update so far the problems have compounded each other, ranging from not flashing properly, dropping communication with the Aquaero, Aquasuit software access rendered useless, or even not being recognized by your mobo at all....take your pick...something is bound to go wrong.

In addition, questions on their English forum that put their product in critical light are simply ignored. Perhaps the idea is to let them drop off the front page so people forget about them? For instance, I asked the below question over 2 weeks ago:

Regardless of the answer, I know better now not to try the above. The connection through the Aquabus cannot be relied upon. If it gets dropped (and it will) you may fry your components due to lack of cooling, Also, the internal temp sensor seems to be very inconsistent. They've published new temp curves, but they're of little use when they change after a fresh power on or whatever mysterious "non-sanctioned" event...

The AC forum is a joke. I made a thread there to ask about a signal divider circuit between a Swissflow SF800 and Aquaero and the mod has the balls to delete this, tell that no foreign product is allowed and lock it. My question isn't about asking how to buy or get it, it has to do with Aquaero. I had to PM Shoggy here to get a good answer... Maybe you should try to PM Shoggy as well.

The weird irony is that radical_53 himself told me to get the AC PowerAdjust to get the signal from the Swissflow instead. It's not limited, unlike the Aquaero, to 2500 pulses.

I think they sell a flow meter, right? So why should they get involved in the SF meters? It IS a factory forum, right?

Does make me kind of wonder if I should get an upgrade kit (went on sale today) for my older Aquastream. :eek:

I think they sell a flow meter, right? So why should they get involved in the SF meters? It IS a factory forum, right?

Does make me kind of wonder if I should get an upgrade kit (went on sale today) for my older Aquastream. :eek:

Yes, they do but I don't want a very very very very very restrictive flowmeter in my loop. However, it's related to the Aquaero and the lack of support might not let them win a customer ;)

Actually, I'm now more tempted to go toward the t-balancer stuff (bigNg and sensorHub) along with a Matrix Orbital 20x4 LCD/VFD or even graphics display. I don't do business with guys who think they are the only guys in business and anyone else is treated like dirt. Shoggy is at least helpful and that's why I'm now undecided (the Aquaero inability doesn't matter since the PowerAdjust will support the SF800 anyway, from radical_53 own try).

Yes, they do but I don't want a very very very very very restrictive flowmeter in my loop. However, it's related to the Aquaero and the lack of support might not let them win a customer ;)

The newer flow meters are not nearly as restrictive as before. I would not suggest placing one in a 1/2" based loop but 3/8" won't do much damage to flow.

Actually, I'm now more tempted to go toward the t-balancer stuff (bigNg and sensorHub) along with a Matrix Orbital 20x4 LCD/VFD or even graphics display. I don't do business with guys who think they are the only guys in business and anyone else is treated like dirt. Shoggy is at least helpful and that's why I'm now undecided (the Aquaero inability doesn't matter since the PowerAdjust will support the SF800 anyway, from radical_53 own try).

Having owned at least one Aquero since the old SNT-Systems days, I would say the support is good. They are constantly releaseing new firmware with each Aquasuite release and have not had any problems for a good year now. The t-balancer is interesting but requires way too many modules and such to work. Software wise, Aquasuite wins hands down!

Yes, that's why I'm still undecided. T-balancer didn't release any new software since august 2006 and doesn't officially support Vista, which I use (however, there are ppl who claimed it works fine), which made me worry about whenever they will continue supporting it or not.

I will make a thread about this later since I'm currently not finished with phase 1 of my build (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1241156). In the spring of 2008, I will be ready to work on it.

Don't derail this thread anyway. My comment is merely reflecting what divve experienced ;)

One of the best things about AC is that they do support their existing base of customers with firmware, software updates, and hardware upgrades for their electronic control systems. Unfortunately they are kind of touchy about mentioning other companies. Many people have posted similar thoughts on their forum in the past. ;)

You would think they would be happy interfacing their electronics with other companies products, but they do not...

The updates to convert an Aquastream to an XT USB is here.

Yes, that's why I'm still undecided. T-balancer didn't release any new software since august 2006 and doesn't officially support Vista, which I use (however, there are ppl who claimed it works fine), which made me worry about whenever they will continue supporting it or not.

I will make a thread about this later since I'm currently not finished with phase 1 of my build (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1241156). In the spring of 2008, I will be ready to work on it.

Don't derail this thread anyway. My comment is merely reflecting what divve experienced ;)

Could you elaborate a little about what you found out about the Poweradjust supporting a Swissflow?

Aquaero has a issue with the impulses cap of 2500 while the Swissflow SF600 can provide a average of 6100 impulses per liter so the reading is impossible without a divider circuity (either 5 or 10 divider so in the end, we get below the cap of the Aquaero). The other way is to plug the Swissflow in a fan header and treat it like a fan rpm then with Samurize, create a formula to convert the impulses to LPM but the resolution isn't that good with the constant bumping between 2 numbers by a large range.

However, the PowerAdjust doesn't seem to have any cap so you can plug the flowmeter there and with the AquaSuite, you can get the infos fine. That's something radical_53 found out by chance...

If AC is so touchy about using competitor's products, why don't they order a big box of SF800 and relabel as their own (since Swissflow isn't a retail store, only a manufacturer). Like that, they could corner the best flowmeter market all by itself and sell more Aquaero/PowerAdjust... They might need to fire the marketing staff and hire new ones with a more open approach like Eddy of EK or Gabe of Swiftech did with a lot of success (in marketing, the golden rule is "the customer is king").

If AC is so touchy about using competitor's products, why don't they order a big box of SF800 and relabel as their own (since Swissflow isn't a retail store, only a manufacturer). Like that, they could corner the best flowmeter market all by itself and sell more Aquaero/PowerAdjust... They might need to fire the marketing staff and hire new ones with a more open approach like Eddy of EK or Gabe of Swiftech did with a lot of success (in marketing, the golden rule is "the customer is king").

Excellent idea! It seems a lot of the changes of late to G 1/4 components is directly related to their distributors in the UK and USA. I think the place to apply pressure is with the distributors who make large amounts of purchases.

Aquaero has a issue with the impulses cap of 2500 while the Swissflow SF600 can provide a average of 6100 impulses per liter so the reading is impossible without a divider circuity (either 5 or 10 divider so in the end, we get below the cap of the Aquaero). The other way is to plug the Swissflow in a fan header and treat it like a fan rpm then with Samurize, create a formula to convert the impulses to LPM but the resolution isn't that good with the constant bumping between 2 numbers by a large range.

However, the PowerAdjust doesn't seem to have any cap so you can plug the flowmeter there and with the AquaSuite, you can get the infos fine. That's something radical_53 found out by chance...

Ah, okay, that's great news. Unfortunately, I don't have a DDC, only a D5. Unless the Poweradjust works with a D5, it would be a very expensive interface for the Swissflow. :confused:

BTW, I talked to "Zittware", the guy who made those flowmeters in that old thread at WizD, and his flowmeters are all pretty high restriction. So, I may look at a Koolance flow meter, as it has less restriction than the AC one (crazy, huh?). I'll have my Swissflow for my high-flow loop and the Koolance one for the low-flow loop.

Okay, everybody, sorry to get us off track. I'm finished now. :D

I saw that AC released a new firmware for the AS XT. I wonder if it solves some of those problems.

I guess we still have no PQ curves?

Back