Anybody else looking forward to the Battlemage release?

peppergomez

2[H]4U
I am waiting on these to release early next year to build my new system Since I am hoping they will be a viable card 4k gaming at high settings in current games.

From what I have read about them they sound promising.

Anyone else planning to buy one of these?

I'm looking forward to Battlemage. Now that AMD isn't including hardware video encoders on their lower end cards, I'd like to see Intel fill that gap.

I mean, I'm looking forward to it- but I don't think we're getting a 4k high-end card yet.

I'm looking forward to Battlemage. Now that AMD isn't including hardware video encoders on their lower end cards, I'd like to see Intel fill that gap.

Those cards were meant to be sold with APUs with integrated graphics. This doesn’t mean AMD is done with video encoders.

Those cards were meant to be sold with APUs with integrated graphics. This doesn’t mean AMD is done with video encoders.

By low end I mean the X4XX, X5XX and X6XX SKUs. I don't consider the RX 5700 XT low end.

I look forward to battlemage in that they (Intel) are continuing to create competition in one way or another. Hopefully it's great!

I am.
Love my A770-16.
It has been 'rock's stable and fast.
I have not encountered any stuttering whatsoever...in any of the titles I run.
Most of those titles are 2012-2013.

Why it is so important to get Arc up to speed before Battlemage release, is to make sure it has the best drivers to work with and not like Arc's release drivers in 2022.

Why it is so important to get Arc up to speed before Battlemage release, is to make sure it has the best drivers to work with and not like Arc's release drivers in 2022.
100% true.
Those bad initial drivers put Intel into a deeper hole than they needed at launch.
It was always going to be an uphill battle due to it being the first discrete in a while.
Battlemage cannot repeat that scenario.

Here is a game that needs no upscale on current driver, as where we are at this moment with the A 770 on AM4 / 5700x platform.

Last edited:
Yes, regardless of what AMD does or does not do, I want to see Intel continue to push feature complete products that are functional and COST EFFECTIVE!!!!

The $100 video card shouldnt be a fable, it also shouldnt be a piece of slag... Light encoding, watch some videos, play some counterstrike, this SKU needs to exist again and be prominent!

Upgrade if you get more into PC's. This then pushes EVERYTHING forward, including the technology in software because there are more users with more features available to them. The more we reward companies like NVIDIA for stripping products and nickle and diming us to death, the more we all lose.

Been having a look in the news threads and it doesn't look like there's any new info on these cards

I'm basically in a holding pattern on building or buying a new system. Until they come out since I want to know if there are a viable option 4k gaming

Has anyone else heard anything

Back