Any experience with Tesla M40?

Randall Stephens

[H]ard|Gawd
Got a new to me Tesla M40 I hope to put to work with COLMAP. Current plan is to NZXT G12 and watercool the thing, though with the open fin stack I may also look at screwing fans to the existing sinks. Anybody have any experience with these?

not with the teslas in spacific as they were never lucrative as far as proformance for what I use gpu's for (mining mostly).

However cooling server cards is plenty easy. My go to is attach a 80mm server fan and duct it down to the 40mm is opening. Alternatives I've placed 2 cards next to each other and had a 80mm fan pushing air to both. 40mm fans are a alterntive but they are unreasonable loud. A custom watercooler card works just fine. Just give the card some airflow for the vram and power distribution.

I've Tesla P100 which has similar card design as M40.

Just FYI, I used recycled card box and made it into a paper fan shroud https://hardforum.com/threads/amd-mi100-1000.2026524/post-1045607006.

Alternative, go to ebay and get one of these 3D printed fan shroud. I have one with single 40mm delta fan but sounded like jet engine so I didn't use it.
I did see your cardboard shroud, I'm running this in an old Chieftec Dragon so I've got length issues for the shroud length. I did find my old 60mm fan shroud off my K40, I will have to modify it for a 120, or at least a high pressure 80mm.

I did see your cardboard shroud, I'm running this in an old Chieftec Dragon so I've got length issues for the shroud length. I did find my old 60mm fan shroud off my K40, I will have to modify it for a 120, or at least a high pressure 80mm.
I did print the 120mm shroud. I set the Corsair 120sp fan to 50% in the bios and seems to work okay. I capped the max gpu clock and lowered the max tdp to 180watts.

If anybody knows how to find a modded bios to let me lower the tdp more I’d be grateful

Back