AMD announces Forespoken and Immortals of Aveum as first FSR3 games

Wag

[H]ard|Gawd
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fid...ming-soon-to-forspoken-and-immortals-of-aveum

That means it must not be very good. Starfield isn't even on the list.

AMD really needs to step up- Nvidia is outpacing them in leaps and bounds. I can see why they might want to abandon the high end until (if ever) they get their shit together.

If this keeps up I will probably upgrade my recent 7900xtx purchase to whatever Nvidia's next gen high-end cards will be. I just fear the cost seeing as they have no competition.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fid...ming-soon-to-forspoken-and-immortals-of-aveum

AMD really needs to step up- Nvidia is outpacing them in leaps and bounds. I can see why they might want to abandon the high end until (if ever) they get their shit together.

If this keeps up I will probably upgrade my recent 7900xtx purchase to whatever Nvidia's next gen high-end cards will be. I just fear the cost seeing as they have no competition.
How do you take something that's completely normal and twist it into it not being very good? More than likely Starfield will get it at some point. We'll see if it's any good, I'm skeptical of it just like I am all upscaling tech in general but we'll see.

Last edited:
How do you take something that's completely normal and twist it into it not being very good? More than likely Starfield will get it at some point. We'll see if it's any good, I'm skeptical of it just like I am all upscaling tech in general but we'll see.
It exudes a lack of confidence in their product to not have it on a huge sponsored title like starfield.

Wonder if it is just not ready yet and if they announced iot for a game that release this week people will expect it to be available at launch and it make for a complicated communication, was there a data announced for Forspoken and Aveum ?

Some part of the announcement are for Q1 2024, apparently.

Haha poof. You should just do that! :ROFLMAO:

Does it? Both of the aforementioned titles are big sponsored titles too right? I think everyone needs to chill and wait.
Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum are pennies on the dollar compared to starfield. You know that already, though.

Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum are pennies on the dollar compared to starfield. You know that already, though.
I didn't know that, I would think Forspoken was pretty expensive, Aveum too. It looks like they have a sizeable list of games. I think it'll get it eventually anyway. I just don't like immediately crapping on something without know anything about it just becuase company x is making it and they're bad or whatever.

Also I reject the reasoning flatly, it makes no sense. Why does the budget of the game matter? The other two games are likely much faster in terms of game play than an RPG like Starfield. Starfield would likely be easier on a frame gen tech than a fast paced FPS or third person game.

Last edited:
With Immortals of Aveum running at only 60fps at 720p on a PS5 could be useful.
In a way it's good. I expected future UE5 titles to be 30 fps on the consoles. Aveum certainly stretching it about as far as they can.

Personally I could care less if it has FSR or DLSS, perhaps it just runs fine without gimmicks to keep it at playable frame rates, hell it may not even have ray tracing in it at all. At this rate of absurd logic, will have people wanting FSR or DLSS for Civilization games.

I didn't know that, I would think Forspoken was pretty expensive, Aveum too. It looks like they have a sizeable list of games. I think it'll get it eventually anyway. I just don't like immediately crapping on something without know anything about it just becuase company x is making it and they're bad or whatever.

Also I reject the reasoning flatly, it makes no sense. Why does the budget of the game matter? The other two games are likely much faster in terms of game play than an RPG like Starfield. Starfield would likely be easier on a frame gen tech than a fast paced FPS or third person game.
I meant in terms of hype and sales not dev budget...

I meant in terms of hype and sales not dev
Gotta be honest, I don't care. Staying agnostic on this one, still don't think it makes sense to be down on something when we have basically 0 info on it. Digital Foundry seemed to like their first impressions, doesn't mean much. Just like it not being in a game at launch doesn't mean much either.

Article doesn't say if it will also support DLSS.

Did Starfield ever come out? Did it have DLSS?

It's not September 6th yet, which is the release date and no one know if it will have DLSS or not.

Early access Fri.

And AMD is saying they're not stopping Bethesda from adding it. Apparently after giving their sponsored companies money for game deals they "suggest" they add FSR support. I'm sure many games companies (particularly the smaller ones) don't want to make waves with AMD after being handed a big wad of cash. Bethesda will probably add DLSS now.

And AMD is saying they're not stopping Bethesda from adding it.
The wording being unclear in a way that feel on purpose, no one ever suggested AMD had the power to stop Bethesda from adding it, the company was always free to never accept any money from AMD to start with, obviously they do not stop them to do anything.

The rumours was AMD giving incentive that are conditional (or perceived to be) to the absence of Nvidia marketed tech at the game launch, which sound like the basic good business for them and that they never denied I think.

I think people just need to keep their expectations in check here. FSR2 isn't as good as DLSS and I would say because it works on everything, that is a big part of the reason WHY it isn't as good as DLSS. FSR3 likewise....will work on just about anything, so anyone who is expecting it to truly be on par with Nvidia's frame generation that utilizes the hardware optical flow stuff in RTX 40 series needs to rethink their expectations. Will FSR3 be "bad"? When looking at it on it's own no I don't think so, but I sure as hell don't expect it to be on par with DLSS 3 FG and side by side comparisons will probably highlight just how superior Nvidia's solution is.

I think people just need to keep their expectations in check here. FSR2 isn't as good as DLSS and I would say because it works on everything, that is a big part of the reason WHY it isn't as good as DLSS. FSR3 likewise....will work on just about anything, so anyone who is expecting it to truly be on par with Nvidia's frame generation that utilizes the hardware optical flow stuff in RTX 40 series needs to rethink their expectations. Will FSR3 be "bad"? When looking at it on it's own no I don't think so, but I sure as hell don't expect it to be on par with DLSS 3 FG and side by side comparisons will probably highlight just how superior Nvidia's solution is.
I agree. Still will be tons of whining that it doesn't have DLSS though.

Nope. They said it will only work on amd 7xxx series, as well as slowly on the Nvidia RTX 2xxx with acceptable performance on the 3xxx ones.

That's a far cry from the wide compatibility of fsr2, and frame gen from AMD isn't even coming until next year. They are far behind in feature parity and quality parity, and you're already excusing them because you don't believe they'll be decent?

Everyone whined when Nvidia locked frame generation to their newest cards die to lacking hardware on prior ones, but no one makes a peep when amd does the same :ROFLMAO:.

Nope. They said it will only work on amd 7xxx series, as well as slowly on the Nvidia RTX 2xxx with acceptable performance on the 3xxx ones. That's a far cry from the wide compatibility of fsr2, and frame gen from AMD isn't even coming until next year. They are far behind in feature parity and quality parity, and you're already excusing them because you don't believe they'll be decent?
Maybe there is a mix between FSR 3 is not recommended but supported on 5700 and above:
https://www.sportskeeda.com/gaming-tech/all-graphics-cards-confirmed-amd-fsr-3

It is the universal frame generation that does not require input from the game engine that is RDNA 3 only and maybe ready by Q1 2024.

Nope. They said it will only work on amd 7xxx series, as well as slowly on the Nvidia RTX 2xxx with acceptable performance on the 3xxx ones.

That's a far cry from the wide compatibility of fsr2, and frame gen from AMD isn't even coming until next year. They are far behind in feature parity and quality parity, and you're already excusing them because you don't believe they'll be decent?

Everyone whined when Nvidia locked frame generation to their newest cards die to lacking hardware on prior ones, but no one makes a peep when amd does the same :ROFLMAO:.

Uh what? AMD never explicitly stated that it ONLY works on 7000 series. Where are you getting this info from? They say that it's supported all the way back to RX 5700 series with recommended hardware being 6000 and above.

1693286543521.png

We were talking about fsr3's frame gen, not the upscaling.
Yup me too, there is 2 different frame gen tech that was announced FSR3 frame generation that require code change to be feed with engine info like FSR 2 upscaling that should work on RDNA 2 and 5700s cards and there is something called fluid motion frame (AFMF) on hypr-rx that will work only rdna3 and should make an inferior framegen possible on all DX11-12 title without code change:
https://wccftech.com/amd-fsr-3-hypr-rx-explained-frame-gen-for-all-is-a-win-win-for-gamers/

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-3-tech-and-frame-gen-for-every-dx11dx12-game
AMD was a little guarded when they showed us the TLOUp1 demo, because it was early and an optical flow-only solution will not match the quality of FSR 3 or DLSS 3 in most content. This is a tech with obvious limitations. Outweighing that, we think, is the fact that it should work with any DX11 or DX12 game - and one of the best things about PC gaming is the wealth of options given to users. And soon we'll have another, potentially potent one. The only slight downer? AMD is integrating it into its HYPR-RX package, which is exclusive to RDNA 3 GPUs - a touch strange bearing in mind that FSR 3, the more complex frame-gen solution, is more broadly compatible.
It is hard to follow.

Yup me too, there is 2 different frame gen tech that was announced FSR3 frame generation that require code change to be feed with engine info like FSR 2 upscaling that should work on RDNA 2 and 5700s cards and there is something called fluid motion frame (AFMF) on hypr-rx that will work only rdna3 and should make an inferior framegen possible on all DX11-12 title without code change:
https://wccftech.com/amd-fsr-3-hypr-rx-explained-frame-gen-for-all-is-a-win-win-for-gamers/

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-3-tech-and-frame-gen-for-every-dx11dx12-game
AMD was a little guarded when they showed us the TLOUp1 demo, because it was early and an optical flow-only solution will not match the quality of FSR 3 or DLSS 3 in most content. This is a tech with obvious limitations. Outweighing that, we think, is the fact that it should work with any DX11 or DX12 game - and one of the best things about PC gaming is the wealth of options given to users. And soon we'll have another, potentially potent one. The only slight downer? AMD is integrating it into its HYPR-RX package, which is exclusive to RDNA 3 GPUs - a touch strange bearing in mind that FSR 3, the more complex frame-gen solution, is more broadly compatible.
It is hard to follow.
I thought Hypr-rx was basically just a “one-button” press settings adjustment form the end user because of settings overload on the Adrenaline suite?

It is hard to follow.

I was not referring to hyper rx. I was talking about "regular" FSR3 which is the one that works on all GPUs and not JUST rx 7000. I'm sure OP was also talking about regular FSR3.

Driver Panel toggle for Optical flow frame generation, which has no motion vector or data from the game engine, and affects the entire screeen including the UI, is RDNA3 only. At least, as announced.

Frame Generation implemented into a game engine, supports RX 5700 and newer, or RTX 20 and newer.

Starfield will launch with FSR2. Not 3.

Driver Panel toggle for Optical flow frame generation, which has no motion vector or data from the game engine, and affects the entire screeen including the UI, is RDNA3 only. At least, as announced.

Frame Generation implemented into a game engine, supports RX 5700 and newer, or RTX 20 and newer.

That's what I'm assuming what OP is talking about since you know...the very specific mention of Forspoken and Immortals. So yeah I think FSR3 as in "GAME IMPLEMENTED FSR3" might be "ok" but obviously won't be on par with DLSS FG. Not really sure how I got accused of "excusing AMD for not being decent". :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the clarification, as well as LukeTbk. AMD's marketing was clear as mud!

If one can bare through it, seems promising, want to see some real break downs once it ever becomes available.

View: https://youtu.be/21HHFLk3o5Y?si=FzxpqDv24a8EKwhp

English isn't his first language. But, IMO, he does a good job of presenting information for less technical viewers. He's quite fair on showing strengths and weaknesses of both AMD and Nvidia. And his data overall, seems good. He also often includes performance numbers for ultrawide. Which almost no one else does.

Back