Am I doing it right?

TahoeDust

Limp Gawd
Everyone told me a 60gb SSD was not going to be big enough. They were right. :( So last weekend I added a second 60gb Vertex 3 and setup a Raid 0 array. :)

Is this about what is to be expected?

ATTO.jpg

60gb is enough if you are anal about what goes on it. Windows 7, a few apps, and maybe 1 or 2 favorite games

Keep steam on another hdd, and if needed one can relocate selected folders with junctions.

You have to keep after windows with a vengeance though. Like turn off hibernation, watch for temp files (including internet browsers). Despite MS's claims, the winsxs folder does NOT remove all redundant exact files, so it loves to baloon in size too. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about that folder.

I have a 60gb SSD, and its possible. Not all that fun, but possible.

Looks fine for a STR benchmark. How about a more useful benchmark like AS SSD or CristalDiskMark that measures real SSD performance. I mean 4K reads and writes.

Looks fine for a STR benchmark. How about a more useful benchmark like AS SSD or CristalDiskMark that measures real SSD performance. I mean 4K reads and writes.

I am downloading BF3 to the drive right now so I will run those tomorrow or very late tonight. What will those show me that ATTO won't. I thought I read somewhere that ATTO gave the most accurate marks for Sandforce equipped drives.

Back