AliExpress CPUs Legitimate?

DedEmbryonicCe11

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a 7700X from MicroCenter at the end of June that turned out to be a dud. I'm going to try RMAing it after I can get a replacement. I've heard that process takes 1 1/2 months with AMD. I've found an AliExpress seller that's been active for four years with 99% positive feedback and 5 star reviews. It just seems weird that the prices are so good. Do they pay that much less in China for these products? They are selling the 7700X tray for $252.88 and retail box for $255.88. Customer reviews for the box version say it arrived sealed and their photos show what appears to be the Chinese market packaging with English and Chinese. The seals look intact and the same as what my retail box has. The photo quality isn't good enough to tell if the little hologram section is real but otherwise everything checks out.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804609190916.html
As you can see in the customer photos it's the ..WOZ Chinese version of the retail box, not ..WOF that the rest of the world gets.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/pib
AMD's site indicates warranty is covered as long as they were retail boxed new. No mention of buying out of market parts...

So is the only catch here that you have to wait three weeks for delivery and don't have a store return policy?

I purchased my two 4650g from Aliexpress, but only because they weren't available through legitimate channels. I probably wouldn't go that route for something available domestically, but I can understand the temptation of saving $100. It's not uncommon for prices to be adjusted for the market, so ... maybe?

AliExpress are legit, but keep in mind that you most likely won't get warranty or support if your CPU breaks, hence the cheaper price.

I linked a retail box. There's only $3 difference between the two so it's not worth getting the tray version.

Even at that, they will know that was a overseas product and may deny a claim on it. Most likely you will be fine, but if there is a issue, you would be on your own with the seller.

Yea I would pass on that. I use aliexpress for a lot of things but usually its simple stuff like maybe some polishing pads or bag of metric screws, cheap small wire etc. Nothing big like that, also wouldnt want to wait over amonth for it to show up.

I've had ok luck with aliexpress...

Purchased several bykski waterblocks and even a piccolo trumpet...all from reputable sellers.

By the time it arrives it will be Black Friday sale.
Eh, Ali deliveries are usually about 3 weeks unless you get unlucky.

Don't know if I'd buy a current CPU from there. I've bought more expensive stuff, just not PC stuff besides watercooling stuff.

I know even with the OLD processors (6502, Z80, 68000) there are a lot of counterfeits. I don't think I'd trust AliExpress with anything intricate like a CPU/GPU. It MIGHT be a good deal and legit, but I'd rather just get it from someone I know is 99.9% legit and would back it up in case of any issue.

It's a hit or miss really. The one you've bought seems to be in 100% shape.

Times I’d consider Ali is for cpus that didn’t come to the US market or graphics cards that didn’t come to the US market.

I looked for the low profile single slot 1650s but couldn’t find one when I was looking

Keep in mind that Kubota USA is supposed to deny any service or parts when you give them the serial number for a grey market tractor….. AMD could easily take the same kind of stance

I pick up all of my Byski and Barrow blocks and fittings from AliExpress. I've never had a problem other than slow ship times with the earliest orders. On that subject, ship times have improved dramatically in the last couple of years. It used to be 4-6 weeks guaranteed. But its now down to 2 1/2 -3 weeks consistently. As for buying a CPU there? It would depend on the vendor #1, price #2 and finally return options #3. It sounds like OP has done their homework in regards to the above, soit may be worth taking a stab.

Either way, let us know what you end up doing and how it turns out.
GL!

I use to use Aliexpress for barrow and Byski wc parts in the past but I would never buy tech there. Lost of the WC parts are easily available in the states nowadays and I don't have to wait a month to get them now.

I use to use Aliexpress for barrow and Byski wc parts in the past but I would never buy tech there. Lost of the WC parts are easily available in the states nowadays and I don't have to wait a month to get them now.
The problem with the Byski and Barrow parts here in the US is they're marked up to EK level of stupid unfortunately. My Byski 6800xt block was $100+ more at their US website, ppcs, Titanrig (everywhere) vs buying it from AliExpress. I waited the 3 weeks obviously, the convenience wasn't worth $100.

The problem with the Byski and Barrow parts here in the US is they're marked up to EK level of stupid unfortunately. My Byski 6800xt block was $100+ more at their US website, ppcs, Titanrig (everywhere) vs buying it from AliExpress. I waited the 3 weeks obviously, the convenience wasn't worth $100.
Yup. Honestly if you have enough real life stuff going on (work, kids, etc) I find that the 2-3 weeks pass by super quick.

I never bought from that specific seller before, but last week I bought 2 x Ryzen 3800x for $164 each. It was just the procesor in a clam shell in pretty good condition and it works. Local sellers usually ask for $200-$250 around here. I'm sure there are legit sellers out there.

Carb for the log splitter, eh, sure.

Intricate computer component, ehhhhh, hard pass.

why not it all comes from the same manufacturer.

its not like theres some rogue underground chinese lab replicating CPU's.

i got a 5700xt for 90$ from them and it works great.

I ordered sanwa switches for my fight stick awhile back. They are either the best knockoffs I've ever used or they are legit as they function exactly like my legitimate set of buttons. The fit and finish were perfect as I messed around with swapping bits to mix and match colors and the switches fit legitimate housings and vice versa. These days, I do think there's a good chunk of legitimate options there. You just need to avoid the obvious fake parts like samsung nvme models that don't exist or obviously bad packaging in pictures etc.

Amazon lately has been a clusterfuck. I wanted to look up milwaukee tools and batteries and all I found on amazon was knockoffs for pages and pages. There are times I think amazon and aliexpress traded places.

I ordered sanwa switches for my fight stick awhile back. They are either the best knockoffs I've ever used or they are legit as they function exactly like my legitimate set of buttons. The fit and finish were perfect as I messed around with swapping bits to mix and match colors and the switches fit legitimate housings and vice versa. These days, I do think there's a good chunk of legitimate options there. You just need to avoid the obvious fake parts like samsung nvme models that don't exist or obviously bad packaging in pictures etc.

Amazon lately has been a clusterfuck. I wanted to look up milwaukee tools and batteries and all I found on amazon was knockoffs for pages and pages. There are times I think amazon and aliexpress traded places.
The only part of amazon I consider better is the speed of delivery (of course) and the easy return policy. The "legit factor" really doesn't seem any higher.

Also Ali knows how to run an actual sale.

My wife bought a snow shovel from Amazon ( I don’t know why ). It came in a box in parts.

Back