? About Selling new SGS 3 on VZW

sgrinavi

Fully [H]
So I got my SGS 3 today and want to sell it, do I have to activate it first? If not do I include the Sim card?

I'll make you a deal; I'll trade you my OG Droid for it straight up. Act now and I'll throw in an extra OG Droid for a total of TWO OG Droids! You don't need a SIM card or anything, it's too easy to use. ;)

Anyways, no you don't need to activate it or even include the SIM card. But if the person you're selling it to doesn't already have a Verizon micro SIM card (though you can easily cut a SIM into a Micro SIM), then they will prolly want that one.

Srs offer; trade for a Gnex w/ Cruzerlite case and two batteries (one is OEM extended battery) + cash? If not; I will give you $500 for it.

Last edited:
Lol.... I haven't sold a 4g phone, I guess I just sell it without the sim card?

Just sell the phone without the SIM card. That's the only thing connected to your account.

If the buyer doesn't have a SIM, they have to go get one

If the buyer doesn't have a SIM, they have to go get one

I would just go ahead and throw the SIM in with it if the buyer doesn't have one and/or if you already have one for your own phone. They're only like $5 at Verizon, I think.

I forgot to ask; what size and color is the phone?

You probably should look at the price of similar previously released phones than go from there.

I would just go ahead and throw the SIM in with it if the buyer doesn't have one and/or if you already have one for your own phone. They're only like $5 at Verizon, I think.

I forgot to ask; what size and color is the phone?
IIRC, the SIM is pre-programmed for your account. I remember because when I activated my SIM(s), I did not have to provide any info other than my account. Didn't have to provide the SIM info, I think they scan the barcode before they ship out into the system.

I would hold onto it.

I'll trade you two LG Dares. Three Droid X's, one Palm Treo 700wx and an old LG flip phone. If you reply in the next fifteen minutes I will throw in a 4MB Compact Flash card!

If they sent you that sim it's attached to your account thats why it activates automatically, so don't include it. Whoever you sell it to can get a sim card for free from verizon.

sim cards are 7 dollars on amazon... make someone buy their own.

You have to activate your phone first, then reactivate your old phone. Destroy the sim that came with the GS3, then sell it without the sim.

Back