ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P GeForce GTX 970 $245 OB

Well let's be frank... that was a pretty ridiculous price. I was actually tempted, but I stopped my trembling hand, reminding myself I already had 780 SLI and that this wouldn't do much for me. Temptations ._.;

Well let's be frank... that was a pretty ridiculous price. I was actually tempted, but I stopped my trembling hand, reminding myself I already had 780 SLI and that this wouldn't do much for me. Temptations ._.;

Agreed! I have been holding off upgrading my 7950 but I would have pulled the trigger on this. I can't justify an open box at like 280ish cause of the value of the free game promos you get with a new card but for 245 I'm all over it.

Same here, though the 970 uses less power, has dx12 and adds about 10fps? on average.

Almost bought one a couple months ago but went for another ob/ref 780 which plays gta5 with pretty much everything on and at its highest, very smoothly @1440 (but need more fps)

Not sure about sli, think that's even less fps.

Would the 900's be native dx12?

Last edited:
Good deal but could essentially buy a new one at the current $306 new price and sell both game codes for around the same price. If these open box deals came with game codes would be an absolute steal

Zotac are not bad but there RMA service leaves lots to be desired.
Have RMAed with them twice took a month each time.

While this is a valid concern I have seen this same comment from someone about pretty much every card manufactorer out there.

I'm actually interested... did it work out fine in the end? I haven't heard much about Zotac. ASUS gets a lot of flak for sucking in that department. MSI and Gigabyte seem like they're middle of the road. Not sure about Galax or PNY. EVGA was really good, at least supposedly until recently. AFAIK that is a summary of GPU RMA reputations for Nvidia.

Yes it all worked out I was just without a gaming card for a month as I didn't have anything good as a spare so that sucked.
They did replace a card twice and upgraded it once to a newer model think I had a 570amp edition and they gave me a 660ti which was a little better.
I did beg them for a different card they just didn't offer it up I requested it.
So they do good RMA work just long so better have a spare card for the long wait was even longer then a month on one 5 weeks I think.

I only buy EVGA cards now as they were the best RMA I ever used was a while ago but I will pay more for them now and XFX screwed me out of a RMA so I don't buy from them anymore they lost me as a customer.

Back