XP MCE 2005: Recorded shows appearing twice?

evildre

[H]F Junkie
This is an odd one ... I installed TweakMCE, which allows you to screw around with some of MCE's settings (i.e. message timeouts, location of recorded files, watch folders for recorded shows, etc.). After reorganizing a large amount of data, I had a blank 160GB drive, my F: drive; my TV shows now record to that drive instead of the default location, which is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\Recorded TV. There were no TV shows in that directory before the change.

Now, whenever a show records, I get two entries on my "Recorded TV" screen. The show only records once, but is listed twice. If I delete one of the two entries, both of them disappear. That's some messed up stuff right there ... how do I fix it?

I got the same issue happening... only thing I could think of is if the recording got paused or machine rebooted and the recording restarted itself... (which is doubtful)

Skids1 said:
I got the same issue happening... only thing I could think of is if the recording got paused or machine rebooted and the recording restarted itself... (which is doubtful)
I thought it might have been because my CPU utilization got pegged at 100% by something other than F@H for a while ... that wasn't it, though, as most of the shows I record are on while I'm asleep.

One last try?
mce-wtf.jpg

It's fixed!

The problem was that I used TweakMCE to change the path to which it records. I changed the path back to the default using TweakMCE, then changed it through the Media Center UI (Settings->TV->Recorder->Recorder Storage). I noticed that there was no "Recorded TV" folder on my TV show drive before, and that after I changed the path using the Media Center UI, there was. The show that recorded last night only appeared once in my list.

Thanks to the helpful folks at thegreenbutton.com for helping me out. Great resource for MCE-related troubles :D

Back