XBOX 360 VGA Cable?

Xeon22

Bad Trader
Where do you guys buy them from? I've looked at Wal-Mart, Target, CC, ect but I have not seen anything, just the standard high def component cables :/ The system was easier to find this this.

I think there is a shortage of those cables - I heard them mention that prior to launch.

i took mine back, the colors are off when i plug it in and the only non widescreen resolution i could chose from was the same that i run on my comp so i didnt want to keep changing the settings everytime i wanted to switch

btw, there really wasnt a difference between a monitor and STANDARD (not HD) tv that i could notice besides the fact that stuff was sharper like text, but when your 8 feet a way on a couch that doesnt really matter.

munkle said:
i took mine back, the colors are off when i plug it in and the only non widescreen resolution i could chose from was the same that i run on my comp so i didnt want to keep changing the settings everytime i wanted to switch

btw, there really wasnt a difference between a monitor and STANDARD (not HD) tv that i could notice besides the fact that stuff was sharper like text, but when your 8 feet a way on a couch that doesnt really matter.

Thank you for that... some people seem to think it's night-and-day. And I was also warning people to get their VGA adapters as quickly as they could, because it was reported that there would be a shortage of those even prior to launch. Did you exchange yours for another one, though? It could've been a bad adapter, or maybe something kooky with your screen's VGA connection?

Xeon22 said:
Where do you guys buy them from? I've looked at Wal-Mart, Target, CC, ect but I have not seen anything, just the standard high def component cables :/ The system was easier to find this this.

I know the Director at the local best buy where I live. They had about 10 or more on their accessory rack about 4-5 days ago. He let me take a peek before they rolled it on the floor. Best Buy would be a good place to look.

Yea, only reason I actually got the VGA cable is so that when I do get the console, I can hook it up to my LCD monitor I have, since all the TVs I have are composite only (not even Svideo, lol). That and I keep the console in my room since I rarely have people come over to play at all, except maybe the holidays.

steviep said:
Thank you for that... some people seem to think it's night-and-day. And I was also warning people to get their VGA adapters as quickly as they could, because it was reported that there would be a shortage of those even prior to launch. Did you exchange yours for another one, though? It could've been a bad adapter, or maybe something kooky with your screen's VGA connection?
nah i read on some other forums that other peoples were very dull too, its like the color is sucked out, its just not practical for me to change my monitor settings everytime i switch from pc to 360, i took it back for a refund maybe when i get a widescreen lcd ill pick another up but that wont be for a while, and when i picked mine up the store only got 2 :eek: , ill save my 40 bucks for latter, the vga cable was fine i just had to adjust the settings and it would look good but i dont want to do that.

Xipher said:
Grabbed the only one they had out at Best Buy. I don't have a system yet to show though, just planning ahead.

He was asking about Xbox 360, which has an offical cable. That link shows how to make one for an original Xbox.

Before the title just sed xbox...

Back