World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I did not see any bot CVs today so hopefully they are finding and dealing with them. The Schchors or however you spell it is actually quite good besides the turning radius. In other news it was a rough day on WoWs with the teams today so GL if you are playing =).

In other news it was a rough day on WoWs with the teams today so GL if you are playing =).

giphy.gif

Got 4xSGSSAA running. Looks sexy but not as good as it running with SweetFX. Wish I could run that again :(

Has anyone tried to run WoWs on a Laptop with Intel graphics?

Is it even worth the effort to try it ?

HP Spectre x360 i7 (Skylake), 8G Ram, Intel 520 Graphics. 2560 X 1400 Display.

I would think you can, but you would most likely have to downscale to 1080 and at low. That 520 graphics isn't half bad.

Also, the new patch is out and there was one interesting tid bit that was datamined:
Moskva's belt armor is increased to 155mm (was 0mm)
I heard that that damaging a Moskva with AP was either getting an overpen or a citadel. That would explain it. Also lol at the Moskva being jealous at the Langley's belt armor.

Last edited:
Also, the new patch is out and there was one interesting tid bit that was datamined:

I heard that that damaging a Moskva with AP was either getting an overpen or a citadel. That would explain it.

That is hilarious. Whoops.

Lmao, "(was 0mm)"---exactly how does that slip by?

Here's a fun match in the Benson

These USN DDs are incredibly fun. Unfortunately the Fletcher and Gearing still remain. I hated how they handled back in CBT since they were much more like cruisers than DDs so I'm certain that this is where my fun train stops with the USN DD line. Guess we'll see.

It recent decent on my surface pro 4 (the i5, 8gb ram model) the few times I tried playing when I wasn't home, but it got pretty damn hot.

Can someone post the patch notes?

Fk man, I'm having a really hard time playing @ 4k, I might have to switch back to 1080p :p

Taken from the poster on reddit named Isogen_.

0.5.4.1 Update Notes
  • The Captain and Goldfish have [REDACTED], be on the lookout for [REDACTED]!
  • Russian cruisers Moskva and Dmitry Donskoy have been given the "Repair Party" consumable
  • Central belt armor for Moskva now extends below the waterline
  • Svetlana's acceleration was improved (Dev Note: The maximum speed has not been changed, but Svetlana now has acceleration similar to ships of her tier)
  • Saipan (not yet publicly available) received Douglas AD2 bombers in addition to F4U-4 fighters
  • US bomber planes' chances to start fires reduced. The 500 lb. ANM64 reduced by 10% and 1,000 lb. ANM65 reduced by 18% (Dev Note: The American HE shells caused fires in nearly all cases, it was simply too powerful. The chance is still high, but now there is a larger window to avoid being set ablaze)
  • US cruisers gained the "Radar Surveillance" consumable at tiers VIII+ (for a comparison to Russian cruisers check the chart below)

Nation
Tier Range Effect Time(sec) Standard (CD/Charge) Premium (CD/Charge)
US 8 9 30 360/2 240/3
US 9 9.45 35 360/2 240/3
US 10 9.9 40 360/2 240/3
USSR 8 11.7 20 360/2 240/3
USSR 9 11.7 20 360/2 240/3
USSR 10 11.7 25 360/2 240/3

• Binocular view now features a longer horizontal sight leaf
  • The battle timer was enlarged
  • "Arpeggio" torpedo effects have been added to the client ("Arpeggio" events are not currently active for the North American region, but will continue at a future date)
  • Four new camouflages were added to the client for a future in-game event in the North American region
  • German cruisers: Ship detection for "Hydroacoustic Search" now begins at 4.98km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 5.88km at tier X; torpedo detection begins at 3.48km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 4.02km at tier X
  • All other cruisers: Ship detection for "Hydroacoustic Search" now begins at 3.48km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 4.92km at tier X; torpedo detection begins at 2.52km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 3.42km at tier X

Datamined changes from iku_19 on reddit

These are only changes and details not present in the official patch notes.

• Moskva's belt armor is increased to 155mm (was 0mm LOL)
  • Lo Yang still has old sonar
  • April 1st data preload
BALANCE CHANGES

• Saipan no longer has the 2/3/0 loadout, now has a choice between 3/0/1 and 2/0/2 2/2/0.
KEEP IN MIND THAT SAIPAN IS NOT YET RELEASED AND THIS CAN CHANGE
They're getting better with making patch notes.

Mod compatibility: (mods that edit these files will probably break)

• camouflages.xml
  • camerasConsumer.xml
  • windows_consumer.xml
  • anything in scripts
  • gui/flash/battle_stats.swf
  • gui/flash/consumer**.swf
  • gui/flash/crosshair_screen.swf
  • gui/flash/ship_state.swf
  • gui/battle_elements.xml
  • gui/battle_layout.xml
  • content/GameParams.data
NOTES
It seems that the Haruna and Kirishima (Bear) captains have unique VA (every other has Iona)

Bombs still set plenty of fires, don't you worry. My Nagato was almost exclusively targeted. :) Shot down 20 planes in a lot of the matches... which for a Nagato is a lot.

BTW my win rate yesterday was 51%, today 68%. Hopefully your luck will change too.

So, yea, had an awesome game with the New Orleans with radar. On Atlantic, went to A cap. Pushed out a Kiev and notice a Kagero coming from B to A. Hit up radar and he was fully spotted until he died. I then AP down an Altanta and a Myoko. Radar was back up and used it to spot the ibuki that was on the other side the island. Killed him and halved the Mikhail. Radar was what was needed for the US cruiser line.

jWJSlET.jpg

QUxKQ8Q.jpg

xFKjKjE.jpg

^ Gotta love when your raw score is greater than their top 4 players combined. Nice hearing that USN guns are making a comeback!

^ Gotta love when your raw score is greater than their top 4 players combined. Nice hearing that USN guns are making a comeback!

Don't forget you get 1.5x for winning.

Still - his team did pretty well all around, which makes Chib's score even more impressive. It's harder when you have a good div/team because everything around you dies. :)

Yeah, not forgetting the bonus at all, just it's amusing to see the disparity, multiplier or not. (As you exactly say!)

I'm kind of seeing why chibe is liking the schors, it hits like a damn freight train in the right spots. Granted this was on 2 myokos, but it just wrecked them. The shots basically went 2 cits, next salvo 4 cits/dead, then on the other one was 1 cit then 5 cits/dead, from 8-10km somewhere. That's without the accuracy mod, I have the AA mod instead. Couldn't do much damage, because we rolled them so hard I didn't have anything to shoot at. After I sank those 2, I had 36 (or 39, not sure) hits, 12 of them citadels.
dDMMkpx.jpg

Don't forget you get 1.5x for winning.

Still - his team did pretty well all around, which makes Chib's score even more impressive. It's harder when you have a good div/team because everything around you dies. :)

Premium, flags, first win, etc do not influence the base XP as seen in the team score tab.

I have to say after a few matches in the Baltimore that I am beginning to come around. 230k damage in 2 matches with it and getting to use radar is awesome!

These USN DDs are incredibly fun. Unfortunately the Fletcher and Gearing still remain. I hated how they handled back in CBT since they were much more like cruisers than DDs so I'm certain that this is where my fun train stops with the USN DD line. Guess we'll see.

I love the Benson, and to me the Fletcher is even better - better guns (FAST reload and turret traverse plus a bit more range) and much better torps (faster, more range, more of them and fast reload). I took the acceleration boast which make this boat take off like a greyhound and the torp reload boast which lowers the reload down to 90 seconds or so. The only downside is the T9 MM, and even that isn't much of a downside as the Fetcher can very much hold it's own against T10 DDs.

That said, haven't played WoWS much over the past couple weeks thanks to The Division.

-S

I love the Benson, and to me the Fletcher is even better - better guns (FAST reload and turret traverse plus a bit more range) and much better torps (faster, more range, more of them and fast reload). I took the acceleration boast which make this boat take off like a greyhound and the torp reload boast which lowers the reload down to 90 seconds or so. The only downside is the T9 MM, and even that isn't much of a downside as the Fetcher can very much hold it's own against T10 DDs.

That said, haven't played WoWS much over the past couple weeks thanks to The Division.

-S

agree the fletcher is a beast.. handling wise i'd say it's more like the mahan though, thats probably the one thing the benson has over the fletcher.. the gearing though is a let down, to much like a small cruiser which the shima is as well but the shima has 3x5 20km torps to make up for being a lumbering over sized destroyer.

So, yea, had an awesome game with the New Orleans with radar. On Atlantic, went to A cap. Pushed out a Kiev and notice a Kagero coming from B to A. Hit up radar and he was fully spotted until he died. I then AP down an Altanta and a Myoko. Radar was back up and used it to spot the ibuki that was on the other side the island. Killed him and halved the Mikhail. Radar was what was needed for the US cruiser line.

jWJSlET.jpg

QUxKQ8Q.jpg

xFKjKjE.jpg
does it tell you when your sighted by radar ?

Smoke won't hide you from radar, correct ?

OT a bit, but WarThunder is running an April fools sailing ship event today, simplistic, but well populated and fun

does it tell you when your sighted by radar ?

Smoke won't hide you from radar, correct ?
Yes, like being spotted by planes, radar shows up on you detection.

And yes, you can be detected through the smoke, islands. It is exactly like sonar, minus detecting torps.

True, but I think actually winning the match does. 1.5x the score if you lost it.

Yeah you get more if you win and more if you survive as well (I believe) but outside of the gameplay nothing can influence base xp. Which is the right way to do it

This april fool thing is hysterical for farming flags. All you need to do is 10k damage, which means just find the first ship and ram it, then go back to port. 1m45s is my best so far..lol, and get credits, flag and some premium consumable.

I played a few matches of the goofy event and its neat. I didnt find it fun after the 2nd time around, and Im not really that into farming the flags, but props to WG for actually doing something interesting.

I played a few matches of the goofy event and its neat. I didnt find it fun after the 2nd time around, and Im not really that into farming the flags, but props to WG for actually doing something interesting.

Yeah my kids got a laugh out of it. But same, I did two round and that's probably enough. Did have a 57k dmg game...

Last edited:
Yes, like being spotted by planes, radar shows up on you detection.

And yes, you can be detected through the smoke, islands. It is exactly like sonar, minus detecting torps.

This could be the end of DD play.

I don't think it will be, DDs are still fun. It was kind of broken that a Shima or Kagero could sit 6km from you and launch a wall of unavoidable torps running at 70+ knots with the new torpedo acceleration skill. Keeping them 10km at least spreads them out a little.

I don't think it will be, DDs are still fun. It was kind of broken that a Shima or Kagero could sit 6km from you and launch a wall of unavoidable torps running at 70+ knots with the new torpedo acceleration skill. Keeping them 10km at least spreads them out a little.

It's not just them, though. The Fletcher, Udaloi, Gearing and Kabab are likely to be more adversely affected by this.

It's not just them, though. The Fletcher, Udaloi, Gearing and Kabab are likely to be more adversely affected by this.

yeah, not looking forward to it, have to be a lot more careful about when and where to offensive smoke. Definitely need to use terrain as a shield, even if they can spot me, if I'm tucked in close to the hills that could help offset focus fire.

I'm wondering how many US cruisers will swap the AA consumable for radar though, seems like that might be a risky thing to give up.

Back