World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

What ships have the flattest-shooting, highest velocity guns? They don't have to be the most powerful, I just hate this "Lobbing" shit like what goes on with the Dresden II.

What ships have the flattest-shooting, highest velocity guns? They don't have to be the most powerful, I just hate this "Lobbing" shit like what goes on with the Dresden II.

that i know off the top of my head, russian DD's and IJN DD's, new mexico, maybe the pensacola and new orleans which have pretty high velocity rounds for how far they fire.

Pensacola is pretty plat firing, hence the citadel monster it can be in the right conditions.

It's strictly range dependent. Every ship in the game lobs shells at some point, though some do it at greater ranges than others. The Cleveland is the easiest example: The Aoba is by far the better cruiser hunter above 10-12km than the Cleveland but once you get to that range the Cleveland's arc flattens and it becomes the best cruiser killer under tier 8.

I would say the Japanese 203mm cannons are the best all around in terms of trajectory and velocity.

Zao.... that ship is pretty powerful and the guns are sexy.

Business6, I played again you last week. Was a fun match, pretty sure you got high caliber and confederate. Also like your YouTube videos.

I am having trouble deciding what line I want to go all the way to tier X in. The end goal when starting the game was Yamato, but the Shimakaze is awesome too.

So many choices, so little XP :)

When the dabloons tank runs dry here in about 1 more night, the conversion of free XP will have to take a break for a while. I've used up WAY too many frickin' Dabloons over the last 2 weeks.

These dev's are fiendishly evil the way they set this up.

Zao.... that ship is pretty powerful and the guns are sexy.

Business6, I played again you last week. Was a fun match, pretty sure you got high caliber and confederate. Also like your YouTube videos.

I am having trouble deciding what line I want to go all the way to tier X in. The end goal when starting the game was Yamato, but the Shimakaze is awesome too.

Thank you! :D

You'll get to tier X in more than one ship. It's not as long a grind as the tier Xs in WoT, thankfully, so don't limit yourself to one class or goal.

Oh yea! SOLO WARRIOR!

xcmWHhD.jpg

1aXtPDU.jpg
Basically ran around and did NOTHING for this :D

My best game ever. In a fucking Hermalin LOL

And my first Confederate.

xgHY8vc.png

Had another game where I got 62 hits in a Kolberg, for a whopping total of 3900 in damage LOL

What a POS.

Murmansk and Omaha, any other answer is short changed. Pensacola is tier VII, and after the (great) Cleveland, but that has one of the hardest to get used to gun archs in the game. You'll spend 30+ games in the Penny getting used to how it fires again post Cleveland, and even then you cannot run lanes the same way you could in previous cruisers. The Pensacola is really a BB with sheet metal armor. It cannot be played like a cruiser or you will be punished. If you want a straight up gun game, and want to fire lasers and fast then you should grind to an Omaha or better yet buy a Murmansk (best ship in the entire game hands down).

I'm well beyond the Omaha and Murmansk, and have both ships. They, along with the STL and now the Hermelin are my main XP farming ships.

Is camo paint at 12k a battle worth the cost?

Not sure, but I have it on all my ships. But... DO NOT buy it now.

Buy the pumpkin head instead for now. It's worth the pittance of dablooms for the 100% extra XP and the same cloak as the regular camo.

I assume you have some dablooms for this sort of thing...

After Halloween when the special is over, then buy and mount the camo.

I had to destroy my Camo to get the pumpkin head. That kinda pissed me off.

I'm well beyond the Omaha and Murmansk, and have both ships. They, along with the STL and now the Hermelin are my main XP farming ships.

Tier 3 and Tier 1 are not exactly candidates for XP farming because it's not remotely time efficient. Wouldn't call any ship under Tier 7 an XP farmer save for the Omaha/Murmansk.

Tier 3 and Tier 1 are not exactly candidates for XP farming because it's not remotely time efficient. Wouldn't call any ship under Tier 7 an XP farmer save for the Omaha/Murmansk.

They treat me pretty good. And when it's all you have, it's all you have.

UPDATE: I've pulled over 30k XP with my lowly little ships this evening so far :) My NM and Farragut are nearly fully updated thanks to them!

Last edited:
I think I'll stick with Teamspeak.

Unless this gets fully integrated, then I may reconsider.

So, what's the neatest thing ever?

Killing BOTH enemy destroyers in ONE torpedo shot. I shit you not. It was fucking EPIC!

And, in the same game, got my highest score yet.

Oh, and it was in a lowly little Isokaze!

D3ou5w5.png

You know, the Cleveland really doesn't impress me like it does other folks. It's too Atago-ish (and everyone knows how much I LOVE that Turd :)), but at least it's got a little tougher skin in practice I guess.

I just can't get a handle on it. Can't hit shit. And the rudder is shit.

JMHO :) I've got a shitload of XP on it but since it's not elite yet, and the only way to get it elite is to buy the Pensacola, I think I'm heading for more disappointment from what I hear.

I may just start buildig up my DD's at this point.

You know, the Cleveland really doesn't impress me like it does other folks. It's too Atago-ish (and everyone knows how much I LOVE that Turd :)), but at least it's got a little tougher skin in practice I guess.

I just can't get a handle on it. Can't hit shit. And the rudder is shit.

JMHO :) I've got a shitload of XP on it but since it's not elite yet, and the only way to get it elite is to buy the Pensacola, I think I'm heading for more disappointment from what I hear.

I may just start buildig up my DD's at this point.

pensacola plays similar but completely different from the cleveland.. the best way i can compare it is what the phoenix is to the omaha game play wise. you can die easily but if you know how to use the ship you can pretty much kill anything with the pensacola. you can citadel clevelands, atlanta's, myoko's, pen's, new orleans, atago's from 5km to 14km all while protecting your BB's from carriers. it's accurate enough to hit DD's at 14+km yet agile enough to dodge torps launched 6km away. the rounds have a much higher velocity and lower trajectory as well so you're not having to lead targets 10 years ahead of them either which is nice.

some people hate the pen but honestly it's probably my favorite ship for that tier.. new orleans isn't that bad either as a ship, it just sucks to play in T9-10 games.

Russian DD's on the other hand can be uninstalled from the game, i give WG'ing credit for being historically accurate with how bad the ships really were, but holy shit they're pointless in the game until the new maps come out. i'm done grinding that crap til something is changed..

You can get a day worth of free premium and a port slot for installing and program from razor.

http://www.razerzone.com/world-of-warships-comms

thanks will try it tomorrow or sunday. need moar port slots!! :)

I need to stop cruising the blue line on ocean.

FXhdSwL.jpg

And here is the North Carolina taking a shot at the enemy. Except he didn't check his line of fire...
mL2fKMp.jpg

At the end of the match, the North Carolina turned pink. GG to him.

Nice job, Larry. Though I'd never call the Isokaze "lowly" as it is one of the most effective DDs in the game, regarding tier.

And Chibe...I don't even know what to say, lol.

pensacola plays similar but completely different from the cleveland.. the best way i can compare it is what the phoenix is to the omaha game play wise. you can die easily but if you know how to use the ship you can pretty much kill anything with the pensacola. you can citadel clevelands, atlanta's, myoko's, pen's, new orleans, atago's from 5km to 14km all while protecting your BB's from carriers. it's accurate enough to hit DD's at 14+km yet agile enough to dodge torps launched 6km away. the rounds have a much higher velocity and lower trajectory as well so you're not having to lead targets 10 years ahead of them either which is nice.

some people hate the pen but honestly it's probably my favorite ship for that tier.. new orleans isn't that bad either as a ship, it just sucks to play in T9-10 games.

Russian DD's on the other hand can be uninstalled from the game, i give WG'ing credit for being historically accurate with how bad the ships really were, but holy shit they're pointless in the game until the new maps come out. i'm done grinding that crap til something is changed..

thanks will try it tomorrow or sunday. need moar port slots!! :)

I may actually like the Pensacola then :)

Yeah I think the Pensacola is one of those ships you really need to upgrade. I always seem to wreck with it and have fun but for some reason I am always slow to select it.

It's also like the Omaha that it's a huge citadel. Don't show your broadside.

I am about to get T5 Russian dd. I can't get into them. I'd much rather be in a U.S. DD. although I had some good games where I gunned from a distance for a while then suicided with Torps...

Yeah I think the Pensacola is one of those ships you really need to upgrade. I always seem to wreck with it and have fun but for some reason I am always slow to select it.

It's also like the Omaha that it's a huge citadel. Don't show your broadside.

I am about to get T5 Russian dd. I can't get into them. I'd much rather be in a U.S. DD. although I had some good games where I gunned from a distance for a while then suicided with Torps...

I'm still driving the Russian DD, but not using any free xp on it. It will progress naturally because it ain't so great. It will have to earn it's own upgrades.

I recently got the pepsicola
I really enjoyed the Cleveland, at medium range it absolutely wrecks. Shell hang time is agony.

so far I like the pepsicola. it has a glass jaw, but I really like the guns, the spread is tight and the trajectory is nice and flat.

Right now Im alternating between the pepsicola, cleveland, the jap t5 DD and the wyoming....but the spread on the wyoming is terrible. Seriously, are all the gunners cross-eyed?

Nah, the gunners on the wyoming are crewed by assholes. The gunners that shoot the secondaries are drunken assholes.

Nice job, Deadskull!

I posted a video of the German Tier 1-4 cruisers. The pain is somewhat alleviated by the final clip, lol. I do have the Konigsberg now and, while some quirks are present, these guns are dangerous. I'll play more of the Konigsberg today to get a better feel for it and hopefully have an overview of that within a week.

Nice job, Deadskull!

I posted a video of the German Tier 1-4 cruisers. The pain is somewhat alleviated by the final clip, lol. I do have the Konigsberg now and, while some quirks are present, these guns are dangerous. I'll play more of the Konigsberg today to get a better feel for it and hopefully have an overview of that within a week.

Oh yea, Konigsberg is dangerous to all Tier V CL. In one match, I closed to 7 km on the Kberg in my Omaha thinking I'm going to tear this guy to shreds with AP. He citadels me several times into salvos, knocking out my engines and I get wasted by a DD or light German CL spamming HE. AFAIK, german cruisers got a major AP damage buff this weekend; 1000+ max AP damage for all cruisers.

I bought the New York, figuring it can't be that bad. Tried it for a single match and very disappointed in NY coming from Wyoming. Horrible turning, slow gun rotation and significant artillery spread. Should've just spent those credits on cleveland.

Oh yea, Konigsberg is dangerous to all Tier V CL. In one match, I closed to 7 km on the Kberg in my Omaha thinking I'm going to tear this guy to shreds with AP. He citadels me several times into salvos, knocking out my engines and I get wasted by a DD or light German CL spamming HE. AFAIK, german cruisers got a major AP damage buff this weekend; 1000+ max AP damage for all cruisers.

I bought the New York, figuring it can't be that bad. Tried it for a single match and very disappointed in NY coming from Wyoming. Horrible turning, slow gun rotation and significant artillery spread. Should've just spent those credits on cleveland.

new yorks not bad once it's upgraded like all the other WWI dreadnauts/battleships. but i mean what did you expect with a retraining captain(at least i hope you're retraining a captain and not getting a new one every time) and 0 upgrades..

It seems hard to citadel the German cruisers? Or am I making that up?

I recently got the pepsicola
I really enjoyed the Cleveland, at medium range it absolutely wrecks. Shell hang time is agony.

so far I like the pepsicola. it has a glass jaw, but I really like the guns, the spread is tight and the trajectory is nice and flat.

Right now Im alternating between the pepsicola, cleveland, the jap t5 DD and the wyoming....but the spread on the wyoming is terrible. Seriously, are all the gunners cross-eyed?

The Wyoming is one of the few ships I love going back to. I usually get in somewhat close and brawl it out if it's 1v1 or 1v2. The twelve guns even with a bunch of assholes gunning usually do well against DDs... Basically a shotgun.

Last edited:
I had a pretty god weekend. Made about 70k XP, upgraded some ships, and got the Pensacola.

I'd tell you how it's going with the Pensacola, but I keep getting my ass blown up.

Earned about 35k experience in the first 4 matches with the Konigsberg (yay flags, premium, xp camo and x2's) including a couple 100k damage matches and a match where I went head to head against a Yorck and Atlanta, killed them and managed to cap their base out from under their noses with 531hp left, haha.

Had another game like that where I was inexplicably targeted by the majority of the enemy team at one point. My squadmates, all three of us in Tirpitz's'sss', only received about 5k damage each while I had 800hp at the end of the match with no more heals and suffered 45 AP hits, 105 HE hits on top of any fires, lmao. While there are drawbacks to being the tip of the spear, when you get focused like that and endure it the rest of the team has a huge chance to be aggressive and make things happen. Luckily that was the type of team I was on, yay!

holy crap the konigsberg is so much fun once you have a leveled up commander, being stuck with a 3 point commander during the testing thing was a complete joke, the ship was so bad, lol. ship plays like the pensacola/new orleans which is probably why i'm liking it so much..

QtoOsfU.png

was a good match the end the night on.. didn't get as much xp as normal since everything i killed was same tier or lower but insta popping the T4 russian DD from 15km away with AP rounds to save one of our two carriers was the highlight of that match.

i had a match similar to you business6 in my konigsberg though a couple matches before this one where i was in the middle of a new mexico, new york, fuso, cleveland, some DD i can't remember, and a omaha while i had 200 hp. did about 60% of the damage to the cleveland, set the fuso on fire twice, killed the omaha, and killed the DD before i ended up running into one of the DD's torp because i refused to let that piece of crap live, so i didn't bother trying to dodge them to make sure i got the kill.

sadly it was yet another bugged game where we had their base 90% capped with both sides almost even at around 700 tickets with 5 minutes in the match and the game just straight ended with us losing. really getting sick of this bug.

I didn't realize there were so many of you on here playing this! I love the game, my name on there is SeaFoam. If anyone wants to add me and division up, feel free to. I have all the way to tier 9.

Here's a couple scorecards:

TTfCszP.jpg

dTqqb5m.jpg

I didn't realize there were so many of you on here playing this! I love the game, my name on there is SeaFoam. If anyone wants to add me and division up, feel free to. I have all the way to tier 9.

Here's a couple scorecards:

Damn SeaFoam, those are some good numbers :)

Back