Witcher 2 Performance

hhara

Gawd
This is a strange one. The computer I am running this on is in my sig. No matter what I change, whether the graphics are on ultra or low, whether I switch the drivers from the newest beta or the most recent solid ones, or if I turn sli on or off the same thing happens. That being whenever I start the game and get to the scene in the dungeon the fps seems to be a consistent 3 to 6. It also lags pretty noticeably in the scene in the forest at the start, but that isnt as bad for whatever reason. The furthest I have gotten is to the interrogation and the fps seems to increase when the camera views geralt, but takes a big hit if the camera views the door.

Not really sure what else to do. I haven't had any issues with any other games lately.

You're not the only one. My GTX 480 struggles to muster even 15fps in the dungeon scene. I've already updated to the recent 257.27 beta drivers and disabled Ubersampling, but the game still runs like shit. I'm a bit puzzled at the moment because there are reports of lesser cards running the game on max settings with no problems at all...

5970 runs it like crap, basically there's known "negative scaling issues" which means my dual core 5970 is running slower than if one core was disabled, only with the new drivers you cannot disable crossfire on this card so I'm stuck with an unusable frame rate.

Better part of £500 well spent :rolleyes:

Ouch, that sucks :/

Q-BZ was running these nvidia drivers(check main thread):270.61

And is getting good framerates. It looks like the current ones don't work well with the witcher. The old ones and the new beta supposedly work better. Not sure on sli.

On another note, how do devs not realize issues like this? I bought Men of War:AS based on liking Men of War, but somehow in the transition to a minor expansion they completely fucked performance on Ati cards, similar to this situation. It seems like someone would notice that and make a hotfix quickly enough for release.

I just uninstalled the Nvidia 3d Vision drivers as Matrices did on the other Witcher 2 thread. The game is very playable now. Average of 40fps on Ultra settings (without Ubersampling).

I just uninstalled the Nvidia 3d Vision drivers as Matrices did on the other Witcher 2 thread. The game is very playable now. Average of 40fps on Ultra settings (without Ubersampling).

Yep - that fixed it. Nice find - it runs smooth as butter now.

i'm running game on high setting with memory on very large and AA off
2560/1600 res and no performance issue
i tried ultra settings without ubersampling but it was too choppy

Back