Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

I upgraded from that processor to a T2300 in my notebook. Makes a world of difference. Although I was pretty damn impressed with the celly but the fact that it doesn't have speedstep really kills battery life was the major reason I upgraded.

That's kinda of step backwards (i.e. Core 2 architecture to Core architecture). T5200 is what I plan to go up to.

Has anyone tried the 32-bit key on the 64 bit disc? I got 2 Vista discs, one 32 and one 64...with 2 separate keys....

Has anyone tried the 32-bit key on the 64 bit disc? I got 2 Vista discs, one 32 and one 64...with 2 separate keys....

It been said several time in the last three or so pages. Both keys work on both disks. And you can even use them both at the same time on different machines.

That's kinda of step backwards (i.e. Core 2 architecture to Core architecture). T5200 is what I plan to go up to.
You have to take in the fact that the t2300 has a higher FSB and is dualcare. CPUMark gave gave me a 2000 point improvement over the celly.

My brother has the t5200 and we get the same scores in benchmarks. Infact I usually beat him in superpi by a good 4 seconds (1m) and its a 10 point difference in cpumark.

still no love n so cal for some reason. didn't the email say if you don't get it by the 2nd to email them and see whats up? i'm prolly gonna see if i get it tomorrow. if not, i'll just email and ask when it was actually shipped out or something :(

[H]obart eh? Guess my copy should arrive at my family's house today then too, moved and didn't change the address for where it was to be delivered.

/ex Portage resident, I don't miss Indiana at all.

It isn't all too bad. Best thing, by far, is living so close to Chicago.

You have to take in the fact that the t2300 has a higher FSB and is dualcare. CPUMark gave gave me a 2000 point improvement over the celly.

My brother has the t5200 and we get the same scores in benchmarks. Infact I usually beat him in superpi by a good 4 seconds (1m) and its a 10 point difference in cpumark.

That's why I said kinda. I'm running Vista 64-bit on my laptop, so a T2300 wouldn't be a drop in upgrade for me. That's assuming it'd even work. My chipset only supports a 533 FSB

Still nothing here in Miami. From what I've seen here on this thread, the discs were mailed via USPS First Class Mail, which is usually 3 business days or less within the continental US. If they actually sent the products out on 4/25 (the date of the "your product has shipped" e-mail.), we should all have them by now...

Hmmm, I never uninstalled the software on my wife's laptop. I wonder if they'll send more goodies?

Hmmm, I never uninstalled the software on my wife's laptop. I wonder if they'll send more goodies?

One of the e-mails explained that if you didnt uninstall it for a while longer (I think May something was the cutoff), then they enter you in a drawing for $5000.

still no love n so cal for some reason. didn't the email say if you don't get it by the 2nd to email them and see whats up? i'm prolly gonna see if i get it tomorrow. if not, i'll just email and ask when it was actually shipped out or something :(

I'm still Vista-less here in Santa Barbara

Yep still nothing for me either in SoCal.

One of the e-mails explained that if you didnt uninstall it for a while longer (I think May something was the cutoff), then they enter you in a drawing for $5000.

Yeah, I thought that was over but it looks like it goes until June 30:

# ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on April 1, 2008 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on June 30, 2008 at 23:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Entry Period"). Entries received before or after the Entry Period are void.

good god i am tired of waiting... it's killing me!

prolly send an e-mail if i don't get it tomorrow

Got mine today also. Very nice seeing it in the mailbox after getting out of work.

just installed vista ultimate 32bit on my notebook. its sweet. no more crappy home basic... woo aero. this notebook is nothing like when i bought it :D. no more celly, 512mb or home basic.

its running like a champ.

Wouldn't believe the number of copies popping up on the local Craigslist, usually listed anywhere from $150-$200. Some with clearly taken pictures of the "NFR" label.

I think I now know why the free stuff thread is usually minor knick-knacks and only very occasionally something big.

I installed my free copy of vista 64-bit, and deleted it 24 hours later. That was rough, the whole thing has terrible UI designing (similar to IE 7 interface).

Not my cup of tea, I'll hold on to it hoping maybe someday that fix that.

well i dont know what to think about the reselling of these. its not really fair that microsoft gave these to you and you just turn around and make money on it, but then again they GAVE them to you so its really whatever you want to do with it imo. there isnt anything else that you get as a gift that has limitations on your ownership of it... why should this be any different? of course, if microsoft was worried about people selling these then they SURE AS HELL would not have given everyone two keys.

I installed my free copy of vista 64-bit, and deleted it 24 hours later. That was rough, the whole thing has terrible UI designing (similar to IE 7 interface).

uh... what specifically dont you like? i cant even play with xp anymore without getting irritated... vista is slick and quick... networking is organized and everything is damn near seamless, from installs to wireless access. im really not sure how one could even say that vista's gui is inferior to xp's....

When you mean 'fix', what are you referring to?
If you don't like the UI design (since it's really not all that different from XP in most ways), then nothing's broken, you just don't like the way it looks. And after all, you can set it to look like XP or even 98/2000 if you want to...

After installing Vista Ultimate 64 on my rig, I ended up DELETING IT, and recovered my fresh backup of Windows Home Premium 32 bit.. Why? Cause I did not realize my HDTV Wonder Analogue Tuner would not work...

Oh well, I did upgrade my other computer from Vista Business 32 bit to Ultimate 32 bit so I could have media center on that computer... I have that one hooked up to the HD and transferred recorded TV from my main rig to it.

I am now the proud owner of 4 Vista licenses.. I was never impressed with Vista Business, cause of the lack of media support, oh well, got that free from Microsoft too.. so beggars can't complain.

damnit, still haven't received yet. sent an e-mail as i was instructed.

anyone else not received yet? i feel so alone!

Cause I did not realize my HDTV Wonder Analogue Tuner would not work...

what model is it? i have a theater 650 pro pcie x1 that vista ult x64 installs without having to dl drivers from ati.

Got mine yesterday, too bad it refused to play nicely with Grub for a nice triple boot setup (yes, any menu.lst ninja-ry you can think of, I tried).

Back