Which smartphone has the best camera?

Biges

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi!

I have HTC Kaiser and it has some cool points, but its camera it a total worthless crap. I tested Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 and its camera is certainly better, but still it can't compare with the quality of S-E Cyber-Shot line of phones.

So, is there a smartphone whose camera can actually match the Cyber-Shot line? If so, which phone is the best? I don't mean the resolution (I think 2Mpix is enough for a mobile phone), but mainly the light sensitivity and speed.

Or are all these expensive PDAs doomed to carry mediocre cameras ar best?

Thanks

Last edited:
New iPhone 3GS has auto focus, might want to look into that.

The pictures my buddy takes with his vanilla 3G have always impressed me being that they are from a phone.

Motorola i9 has a very nice camera, autofocus enabled, etc.

Samsung i8510 Innov8
Samsung i8910 OmniaHD
Nokia N86
Nokia N82
Motorola ZN5

Among the best in the world ATM.

Samsung i8510 Innov8
Samsung i8910 OmniaHD
Nokia N86
Nokia N82
Motorola ZN5

Among the best in the world ATM.

i have a zn5 but i dont classify it as a smart phone. what does classify a smart phone though?

i just think blackberry,palm iphone. but what specs really differentiate them from non smart phones?

Which smart phone or cell phone cameras don't have autofocus?

all the iphones have shitty cameras, so dont even look at them (yes, incl the 3gs). the new sony aino (i beleive thats what its called) has a 12.1MP camera that is supposed to be good.

the new nokia n97 also has a superb 5MP camera on it.

all the iphones have shitty cameras, so dont even look at them (yes, incl the 3gs). the new sony aino (i beleive thats what its called) has a 12.1MP camera that is supposed to be good.

the new nokia n97 also has a superb 5MP camera on it.

The N97's camera isn't that great. The one on the N82 is better, and the one on the N86 is much, much better.

I like the pictures from my 3G S better than the pictures from the N97 provided the lighting is sufficient. I used my N97 for about a week and decided the camera was N95 level but I honestly find that the 3G S is a bit better besides the lower resolution.

Also sorry, you guys are correct the ZN5 is not a smartphone. I misread the title for cameraphone.

Check out some comparisons here: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/revi...t_Nokia_N86_8MP_N97_N82_and_Samsung_I8510.php

The Innov8 takes the same pictures as the OmniaHD. It has the same sensor and camera module.

i have a zn5 but i dont classify it as a smart phone. what does classify a smart phone though?

i just think blackberry,palm iphone. but what specs really differentiate them from non smart phones?

A smartphone runs an OS for which you can download third-party apps. Choices include Blackberry, Palm, iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile.

As opposed to a regular phone, which runes proprietary software, whatever which does is all the phone will ever do.

Forget the BB Bold. It usually takes SHITTY pics.. lol.

IMG00090-20090419-1434.jpg

Back