What to do when i first get my 2005fpw?

Seajewel

n00b
Hi everyone! total newbie though i have been reading the threads to help while I made the decision to buy a Dell 2005fpw. The monitor is huge and gorgeous, although I have backlighting issues as seen in the pictures in the huge thread, i'm conflicted about getting a replacement as running dead pixel testers showed nothing at all.. the screen itself is clean.

But anyways, not being computer savvy at all i need a few hints on what to do after i got my monitor. It looks nice, but are there things i should do? Color calibration? download drivers? I run a BFG 6800GT OC. Tried playing FFXI using my new monitor, the graphics look blurry when i move around, or out of focus at least. The aspect ratio and resolution are set to the native settings. Not sure if the out of focus occurred in my old crappy CRT monitor as well or if it is a product of the LCD.

Anyways, all in all, i'm a little torn about the monitor, wanting to keep it, replace it, or possibly get an L90D+ instead. But before i do anything i would love to hear what people suggest i do now that the thing is unpacked and plugged in.

Thank you!

It took me a week to get used to my 2005fpw. Now I love it!!!! The monitor seems to gain performance as it breaks in more and more. I noticed ghosting at first (very faint, almost non-existant ghosting), then it started to go away. The crispness of this monitor gets better w/a little age to.

hope this helps. IMO you can't go wrong w/this monitor for the price. If you got a little more $$$$ to spend them get the Apple 20in. If not this monitor rocks.

jay

ahh I will have enough money for this monitor in 2 months! Hopefully during that time it will have those coupons to drop the price down to $507 or $550. I'll defintely get it at those prices when I have the money :) ehh who knows maybe it will be lower! :p

Back