Vista todays update bad

crewzen

Gawd
Beware of Todays Vista update there is something in there that just trashed one of my computers. The IE7 is now not working at all, and if it dose work it is very very slow.:(

That's pretty damning advice about Vista or Windows Update from just one person with one machine and a glitch... I'm not sure this really required a topic but, time will tell I suppose.

For what it's worth, I've installed all of today's updates already, so this problem may in fact be localized to your system or may have to do with your configuration.

Well...
I can officially claim XP SP3 trashes Athlon XP Nforce 2 Systems....

Sorry guys the update is OK it just took 3-1/2 hours to install all together.

:mad::eek:

Well...
I can officially claim XP SP3 trashes Athlon XP Nforce 2 Systems....

Except for the 3 AXP NF2 systems I have running it...

And, I've installed all of the new updates with no issues, whatsoever.

Today's updates worked fine for me. The system is running as quick as ever.
5000+
4GB Corsair Pro DDR2-800
Asus M2N32-SLI
8800GTX
X-Fi XtremeMusic
Vista Ultimate x64

Beware of Todays Vista update there is something in there that just trashed one of my computers. The IE7 is now not working at all, and if it dose work it is very very slow.:(
I appreciate the warning. Don't let the other guys bother you. I'd rather you post an issue and have only 1 other person out of 100 also share it, than you not at all.

I appreciate the warning. Don't let the other guys bother you. I'd rather you post an issue and have only 1 other person out of 100 also share it, than you not at all.

Agreed, if there is an issue it has to start with someone. No problems on any of the machines I updated though.

I'm all for warning posts, but they should contain more information, such as what update caused the issue, if that can be determined. I have 12 waiting for me right now, so I'll apply them at lunch and kick the system over, and see how it goes.

The only thing I noticed was a very long shutdown after they were installed. I thought it hanged my system.

I updated 3 Vista x64 systems at home last night with zero problems.

The latest Windows update left a white splosh on my monitor screen. I can't seem to get rid of it.

Oh wait thats just uh..

nevermind.

Updates (13 of them) downloaded and installed just fine last night. Only took a few minutes. No big deal.

Dell E1705, stock, BSOD after update.

Stop 7B, can't do safe mode, can't do anything.
When choosing safe mode it gets to drvmain.sdb and bluescreens. Looks like something overwrite the HDD driver ..., now where is that disk image I was going to make ...

all good here on Vista 64 Ultimate

Q6600 @ 3GHZ
4GB ram
8800GTS 640megger
150GB Raptor
X-Fi sound

Did the updates on a Vista32 system last night with no trouble. Didn't even take that long on shutdown or startup to install them either which surprised me a bit.

Still haven't done the updates on my Vista64 system. I loathe downtime and it takes forever to get a couple of the virtual machines and associated programs up and running.

Since the update I'll reboot, then bout a minute or 2 later I get a Trend Micro box that pops up stating that I need to reboot my PC for updates to take effect.

At first I thought I would play along cause I knew I downlaoded 10 updates for Vista but I have rebooted many times now.

I've updated two systems. Vista Home Premium 32-bit and Vista Ultimate 64-bit. No issues anywhere to report.

-V

Dell E1705, stock, BSOD after update.

Stop 7B, can't do safe mode, can't do anything.
When choosing safe mode it gets to drvmain.sdb and bluescreens. Looks like something overwrite the HDD driver ..., now where is that disk image I was going to make ...

7B is the mass storage driver isn't found. Can be caused by a busted update to the Hard Disk Controller driver. I suggest you run a repair install from the Vista CD.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Back