Urgent help - Buying a 2490WUXI for 899/-

rosh

Limp Gawd
Ok, i received $200 off when i buy my U2410 from Dell, Im not satisfied with it because of its grainity. So im returning it and dell promised me to give me $200 of on my 2490WUXi.

So in summary

U2410 - $400 + tax (Currently what i have)
NEC 2490WUXi - $900 + tax + 10% bing takes the almost tax off. So final = $900

My main focus.
--------------------------
1. Desktop work - 75% (No color critical work, just do some websites / shopping carts and stuff)
2. Movies - 20%
3. Games - 5% Something like car racing (No FPS shooting games)

Problem i had with U2410
------------------------------------
1. Spackle effect / graininess - 100% reason for returning this u2410
2. White glow in the bottom left corner.

It is worth for going to NEC from U2410 for that price?. I need to decide it soon.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Yes, the NEC is a better all round choice. No wide gamut issues, so your web work will be easier. Polarizer will cure IPS glow issue #2. And it can be calibrated in the monitor's LUT with the NEC software.

If you afford the cost, the 2490 is the obvious choice. Perhaps still the best 24" monitor available.

The NEC doesn't have either of these issues, so if they are a big deal to you, then absolutely yes.

The 2490/2690 are the least grainy IPS panels I've seen.

The NEC doesn't have either of these issues, so if they are a big deal to you, then absolutely yes.

The 2490/2690 are the least grainy IPS panels I've seen.

Least grainy means, still u see the graininess?. How it compares?. Do u see a clear grainy difference between 2409 and a TN?

spending 900 on a 24 inch monitor is a ton. If the sparkle effect really bothers you, go for it, but I've used the U2410 and it didn't bother me very much. If you are willing to spend that much, would you consider going for 2 of those U2410's? With 2 IPS's that would be a sweet set up and still cheaper.

Least grainy means, still u see the graininess?. How it compares?. Do u see a clear grainy difference between 2409 and a TN?

No difference. I have an Original 2490 and 17" with Samsung TN panels. They have essentially identical looking matte screens from what I can tell.

If you look for it you will still see some haze on white backgrounds as you will with all matte screens. But it is much less than the Dell 3007HC I had for a week.

If this bothers you that much you may need to look into a glossy screen like the 24" Apple display. But of course then you will have a lot of reflections.

spending 900 on a 24 inch monitor is a ton. If the sparkle effect really bothers you, go for it, but I've used the U2410 and it didn't bother me very much. If you are willing to spend that much, would you consider going for 2 of those U2410's? With 2 IPS's that would be a sweet set up and still cheaper.

Actually im really tired of that sparkles. I have almost perfect U2410. No dead pixel and NO tint, and very little white glow in the left corner. But i cant live with this stupid sparkles. Two U2410? no way with this sparkles :eek:

Don't answer this guy any more.
This is the second thread by him with the same topic.http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1456567

Dont be rude man, Calm down. i never thought its a big deal.
Anyways. thanks for mentioning that i have another post in case if i forgot ;). BTW have you ever replied to any of my post (even in so called previous post) for my questions? :D

4get it, Hay i have seen your review abt 2490Wuxi, thats great. You can help me regarding my problems.

Anybody can comment the difference of sparkle effect between 2490WUXI and 2408WFP?

I saw dell 2007wfp today in my university. I saw the sparkle effect in it. But less than U2410 though. So anybody can compare the sparkle effect of NEC 2490WUXi in comparison to 2408wfp and 2007wfp?

I saw dell 2007wfp today in my university. I saw the sparkle effect in it. But less than U2410 though. So anybody can compare the sparkle effect of NEC 2490WUXi in comparison to 2408wfp and 2007wfp?

The 2007WFP equipped with the S-IPS panel is the same panel as the 2005FPW that I have and my LCD2690WUXI is far less sparkly than that, as is the 2490.

It is the least sparkly IPS based monitor I've ever seen to this date, and nearly as little as other S-PVA and A-MVA panels I've used which have a fair bit less effective anti-glare.

Ok, finally decided to get one 2490Wuxi off from Dell. Is there any way that i can go wrong going from u2410 to 2490wuxi except the input lag?

Back