Upgrade from 2209WA to HP ZR24W?

Ryan45

Limp Gawd
I am thinking about upgrading and was wondering if I would see a difference from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200? Is it worth the $400?

Also with my current system handle that res for current and up coming games?

It can handle it easy - whether it's worth it?.. two inches isn't huge or anything but you will get two pages on your screen with more on them because of higher res.... I don't know if i'd do it tho unless money burning a hole in my pocket. Are you not happy with the Dell? That was a good monitor.

22 to 24 is a noticeable, with that said, my zr24w will be here Tuesday. :D

If you have the desk space, I'd get the HP and just run both for desktop use... I went 24"/1920x1200 originally because Costco was clearing out the Samsung model in my sig, at the time they cost the same as most 22"... I'm pretty glad I did too, I think the difference is very large for productivity... Takes more horsepower in games but whatever.

I'm about to buy two ZR24Ws myself to pair them with my Samsung and do Eyefinity on my new rig. Will probably buy one refurbished for $340 straight from HP, they still warranty it.

I'm about to buy two ZR24Ws myself to pair them with my Samsung and do Eyefinity on my new rig. Will probably buy one refurbished for $340 straight from HP, they still warranty it.

that seems like a good idea man! do they give you the full 3 year warranty?

Back