dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-21-13-20.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-21-23-20.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-21-33-20.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-21-43-20.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-21-53-19.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-22-03-19.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-22-13-20.png

dirt2_game%202010-07-06%2022-22-23-19.png

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, 1920x1080, maximum detail, 24X edge-detect AA + 8X ADAA:

princeofpersia201007042.jpg

princeofpersia201007042g.jpg

princeofpersia201007050.jpg

[imghttp://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2500/princeofpersia201007050.jpg][/img]
princeofpersia201007050.jpg

Just finished modding up Morrowind with some enhanced graphics mods and Morrowind Graphics Extender.

Results:

MGEScreenshot1.jpg

MGEScreenshot3.jpg

MGEScreenshot5.jpg

MGEScreenshot7.jpg

MGEScreenshot8.jpg

^ beautiful Morrowind pics!

Just happens that I've been playing this game again. I have it for Steam.

Any chance you know which folder MGE should be installed in?

EDIT: nevermind, found a folder. Now to see if it works!

Updated to 3.8.0 and played with the settings, but can't seem to get the level of detail that you have in your snaps. The game looks a lot better at 1920x1200, but it doesn't have that same high quality chracters and blurry background that you have.

What am I missing?

Updated to 3.8.0 and played with the settings, but can't seem to get the level of detail that you have in your snaps. The game looks a lot better at 1920x1200, but it doesn't have that same high quality chracters and blurry background that you have.

What am I missing?

He's using modifications such as the ones here from the looks of it: http://morrowind2009.wordpress.com/

I never played Morrowind, only Oblivion... I got it on the Steam sale though so I may load it up with graphics mods and give it a whirl :D.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep an archive of my screenshots and I haven't had a chance this week to play any of my new games from the Steam sale so here are the contents of my FRAPs captures folder which is all GTA IV at the moment. More to come.

Screenshots are using ENB Series shader and anti-aliasing via Supersampling mod + First Person mod. The Supersampled resolution was 3360x2100 and then rasterized by the engine back to 1680x1050. This results in a very pretty but ridiculously machine killing FSAA.

/snip

What FPS were you getting?

He's using modifications such as the ones here from the looks of it: http://morrowind2009.wordpress.com/

I never played Morrowind, only Oblivion... I got it on the Steam sale though so I may load it up with graphics mods and give it a whirl :D.

Don't know if it's the Steam version or not, but I can't get my graphics to work like his. The only perceptible difference was the resolution and ability to see really far away. Textures are still the same, even though I downloaded that 240mb high-res texture pack.

Let me know how it goes for you!

What FPS were you getting?

On my rig, about 18-25 FPS for the most part. Dipped to 11 sometimes when scenes were really fully. I could really use another 1GB of ram on my 5870 for running GTA IV with supersampling.

More screenshots from Morrowind:

MGEScreenshot8-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot10.jpg

MGEScreenshot11.jpg

MGEScreenshot12.jpg

MGEScreenshot15.jpg

MGEScreenshot16.jpg

I'm probably going to have to reinstall Morrowind and all of my mods, because one of them is causing my saved games to become corrupted for some reason. I'll have to weed it out.

I'm running the latest svn build of MGE. It comes with a new water shader that looks far better than the one in the 3.8.0 stable release. The DOF and SSAO are two of Knu's shaders, which are packaged with the latest svn build of MGE.

Most of the high res texture and character mods are the ones from the "Beautifying Morrowind" Steam forum thread.

It runs superbly on my GTX 480. No major framerate dips anywhere. It's practically as smooth as butter.

Also, to get the texture mods to work it is absolutely vital to reset the timestamp on Morrowind.bsa, Tribunal.bsa, and Bloodmoon.bsa to something around 2002. This will let the texture mods take precedence over the stock textures. I used a simple program called SetFileDate to do that.

Last edited:
That's sick how good Morrowind still holds up with some mods. It was such a better game over all than Oblivion and Oblivion was good.

Some more Morrowind shots...

After reinstalling my game and testing out several mods I finally found the one that was killing my saved games. Afterward, I discovered I skipped some steps in configuring the MGE shaders. I configured the shaders and as a result the graphics quality went up slightly.

MGEScreenshot2.jpg

MGEScreenshot4.jpg

MGEScreenshot5-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot9-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot12-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot15-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot17-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot19-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot1-1.jpg

MGEScreenshot3-1.jpg

Metro 2033 - 1680 x 1080, DX11, Very High, AAA, 4xAF, Tessellation On, DOF off on a 5770. EDIT I dunno if those white flecks are in the game or what. I just bought it off the THQ sale but just did the prologue and looked at beginning of the next level.
Metro20332010-07-1801-15-54-60.jpg

Metro20332010-07-1801-18-35-03.jpg

Metro20332010-07-1801-18-46-65.jpg

I need to drop it to High for it to be smooth. In doors VH seems fine but any crazy lighting or action and the frame rate goes to shit. Do want 2nd 5770... haha

Just Cause 2

Well I've been done with the main story and just playing mercenary mode so I decided to check out some mods. I got the BOLO.Patch mod for unlimited ammo/health, stong graple, and multi graple** just so I could screw around. I also found a mod for the big AC130 like jet to add a flak cannon and autocannon which is straight awesome.

** Please realize that I got the mods after I beat the story line and already had 40% captured and I just wanted to check out the whole modding scene with JC2. And all this carnage would not be possible without unlimited health :p

As you can see, I just go around and graple as many live enemies to my plane and then take off. Unfortunatley, I have hit a barrier with how many can be grapled on and my game has crashed a few times.

jc1.jpg

jc2.jpg

Nice trail of blood from all them dead enemies.

jc3.jpg

Yea, I wasnt really paying attention and ran into a mountain, oh well.

I got metro 2033 on that thq sale too. Too bad it's so short.. only played for a bit and im at Cursed already..

I have a Q9300, 4gigs of ram, and a 9800GT

starcraft 2 beta
medium settings

O4w5F.jpg

SgaUl.jpg

WZQJC.jpg

QcYSG.jpg

jJsYk.jpg

KyL85.jpg

Killing Floor
I think all highest settings

NRkiR.jpg

1fn5e.jpg

rA2xn.jpg

7wKyb.jpg

film grain only shows up when you're in spectator mode
iC3cM.jpg

How do I make the images fit to my admittedly tiny screen (1280x1024), with Firefox? I get tired of scrolling side to side all the time.

That's one reason I love Opera. I have a fit to page width button right at the side of the screen that automatically fits everything.

Im sorry but the mod that is adding the DOF to morrowind looks horrible. Its way overdone and not subtle and easy to look at. The rest of the enchancements look great! ;)

Im sorry but the mod that is adding the DOF to morrowind looks horrible. Its way overdone and not subtle and easy to look at. The rest of the enchancements look great! ;)

The screenshots really don't do it any justice. If blurring effect shifts depending on what you are focusing on. Focus on the background and items in the foreground become blurred. Focus on items in the foreground and the background becomes blurred. It doesn't inhibit the game in any way while it's in motion since the blurring effect changes depending on what you're focusing on. If anything it makes it more cinematic.

I just wanted to say that those morrowind pictures are fantastic. Morrowind was so much better than Oblivion in every sense of the word. Seeing that art direction with a new veneer just reminded me how amazing that game was, and it reminded how dull the art direction for Oblivion was in comparison.

I just wanted to say that those morrowind pictures are fantastic. Morrowind was so much better than Oblivion in every sense of the word. Seeing that art direction with a new veneer just reminded me how amazing that game was, and it reminded how dull the art direction for Oblivion was in comparison.

Yeah, Oblivion deserved some kind of an award for the most samey, repetitive environments ever in a video game.

Still can't get over how good Morrowind looks now. It's like a totally different game now. I'd be hard pressed to think this was a game that came out in 2002 if I didn't know better.

MGEScreenshot18-1.jpg

Back