Sound Blaster X-Fi EAX fast activation?

Biges

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi!
Ie there a way (a utility or something) for quick activation of EAX? The Creative control panel is so cumbersome :(
Thanks

If you want to disable EAX, just switch to the Music Creation mode by right-clicking the tray icon. That's probably the fastest way to do it, but you'll also lose any equalization you've set up and a few other things.

I'm in normal mode and I just want to sometimes turn-on EAX when I listen to music. That's all :)

I just realized I didn't really answer the right question. So...I'll dig around a bit later tonight and see what I can come up with.

I jus press the EAX button my my Elite Pro break-out box if need be, but disable EAX in Entertainment Mode enable it in Game Mode (the control panel remembers the individual settings), the you got EAX for games, and no (even though the default setting in Entertainment Mode is enabled, but no effects applied)EAX when hearing music or watching moives) so I don't get your question?

Um.

With the x-fi and music. For digital at least, it is best to go to music creation mode, enable bit perfect and disable all effects. Should try to run it as cleanly as possible. You don't want effects in your music unless you're stoned and listening to trip hop or some such lol.

wooooaaaahhhhhh duuuuuuude...

Why not use the creative audio console? It comes up in blink of the eye, lacks the fancy-shmancy gui of the other creative applications which run slow as poopie, and it contains all the settings.

PS: the audio console shows up in your control panel which can be dragged to your quick launch toolbar.

Why not use the creative audio console? It comes up in blink of the eye, lacks the fancy-shmancy gui of the other creative applications which run slow as poopie, and it contains all the settings.

PS: the audio console shows up in your control panel which can be dragged to your quick launch toolbar.

Yes, that's closer to what I'm looking for. Just a way to qickly activate EAX. I remember that SB Live! had quite good and fast control console, where various effects could be quickly activated.

Back