so... do we really have to pay $10 to add media center to our technet windows 8

atarione

2[H]4U
come on m$ wtf ...really you are going to charge (unless I'm missing something and maybe i am?) me $10 to add media center to my technet copy of windows 8

paying you people decent amount every year for technet for awhile...you are kinda p*ssing me off if i'm honest.

Tip of the iceberg, get used to it if you want to run Win8, this is the new App Store Windows that Microsoft wants to nickel and dime with by App-lifying everything you want to add on.

Tip of the iceberg, get used to it if you want to run Win8, this is the new App Store Windows that Microsoft wants to nickel and dime with by App-lifying everything you want to add on.

Blatantly false.

I read that even with Media Center installed it still won't play DVDs... need a 3rd party app for that.

Instead of just saying that, why not tell us WHY it's "blatantly false"

If you can, that is.

Because the Marketplace is not the only place you can get programs for a desktop, the desktop is still open, and you can download any program you want off of the internet or buy any program from any retail store and still use it on your desktop, and you aren't paying Microsoft anything (except if you buy a Microsoft product).

Not even sure why I bothered responding, your words suggest that you've already made up your mind on the matter and my words won't mean a damn thing to you anyways.

I read that even with Media Center installed it still won't play DVDs... need a 3rd party app for that.

WMC in my experience can play DVD just fine, just not blu-ray discs.

Back