Samsung 46" LED TV Sale - Scam?

hhara

Gawd
I just wanted your guys opinion on this as it sounds like a scam and I am almost sure it is. I really want to know how he is scamming people so I dont ever fall for it.

Anyways I was browsing ebay because I am in the market for a Samsung 46" LED and just out of curiosity I searched for the 9000 series. This is their newest, most expensive version that is well out of my price range.

I stumbled upon the following ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/240Hz-3D-LED-HD...0509200488?pt=Televisions&hash=item255f180868

Initially everything looks good except for a few things. 7.50$ shipping and the fact that it is so low with so little time left (650$ with 7 hours remaining). So I decided to email him like it says in the description and this is how it went.

My email sent:
Hi,

I noticed your auction for the Samsung UN46C9000 that you have listed here. I am interested in bidding on it and I am emailing you before bidding as instructed in the description. I just want to confirm that this auction is everything that it says it is:

Includes a brand new Samsung UN46C9000 and the Hookup kit.

I am just asking for a confirmation on this auction because it almost sounds too good to be true. I don't understand why its so low and there is only 6 hours or so left and the shipping is only 7.50 on something that is usually $50+ on average from other auctions.

Thanks,
Alex

His response:
Greetings
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my items .
Right now you can buy New Samsung UN46C9000 46" 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV for only $800 , shipping is Free . 14 days return policy
My item is brand new sealed in original box and will come with all accessories and 1year warranty . I have more than one unit ,if you buy more than one ,i will make you a good discount.
You can have this at your door in 3 days after you confirm the payment because the shipment will be made via Ups 3Day Air or Fedex overnighted from europe .
So that's why we use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money because we will close this deal ONLY under eBay,with their protection. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's RULES and POLICY and will be supervised by eBay Trust & Safety Department..
If you have any question don't hesitate to contact me .bidding is restricted because I want to carefully choose my buyers. is not necessary to bid It is not important who bids or how much...
If you agree with my terms, Let me know asap because the items are ready to be shipped
Kind Regards

I am guessing his way of scamming is that it is shipping from Europe, which means he isnt in the US and it makes it easier to get away with a scam. Is that whats going on here?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was scammed once and it involved Western Union, I was wee young lad when I was scammed and I learned better now. Ebay doesn't provide any protection when it comes to 3rd party services like WU I believe...unless they changed their policies. Don't buy from this scumbag.

Scam..... I bet $5 that the ebay seller got hacked and the "hacker" replaced a picture with his own (the new picture with the fishy email, VERYYYY much like the craigslist scammers of today)

For this type of scammer...... They put a nice, $10,000 truck on craigslist but in the picture they put this half garbled english name of an email like daved.shipyard@ yahoo.com telling you to send him just $2,500 (western union or money order to ANOTHER country of course) so they almost instantly know you're a sucker, one who thinks they can snag a nice truck at 75% cost.

Don't do it.

Back