RevoDrive X2 - the new king of SSD?

That is just awesome, this would be so great for streaming content and video creation.

Thanks for posting this!

Or you could just buy a 4 SSDs and get a cheap RAID card. Same thing. That's literally all they've done. You can actually get 4 faster SSDs and a higher performance RAID card for a lower price.

Or you could just buy a 4 SSDs and get a cheap RAID card. Same thing. That's literally all they've done. You can actually get 4 faster SSDs and a higher performance RAID card for a lower price.

I agree, but with this, you still get TRIM since it is raided within the custom board specs, not a true raid array that disables TRIM. Though this is the only reason to get this, and if you want to save space by using just one PCI-E slot rather than having wires and physical drives in the case. Kind of a premium for that functionality, but it's still a good concept for the future.

you still get TRIM since it is raided within the custom board specs

what exactly does "raided within the custom board specs" mean? there is no TRIM on this thing, except under FreeBSD on account of the Sil3132 driver support, according to sub.mesa at least. It's just a cheap Silicone Image raid0 SATA controller combined with 4 x Vertex 2's worth of NAND. anyway we kind of already went through all this in the first Revodrive X2 thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1557460&highlight=revodrive

personally i'd rather part out a raid0 controller + four ssd's than get a revodrive x2, because parts can be upgraded individually, and resale value on individual drives will be higher than trying to resell one of these.

Last edited:
what exactly does "raided within the custom board specs" mean? there is no TRIM on this thing, except under FreeBSD on account of the Sil3132 driver support, according to sub.mesa at least. It's just a cheap Silicone Image raid0 SATA controller combined with 4 x Vertex 2's worth of NAND. anyway we kind of already went through all this in the first Revodrive X2 thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1557460&highlight=revodrive

personally i'd rather part out a raid0 controller + four ssd's than get a revodrive x2, because parts can be upgraded individually, and resale value on individual drives will be higher than trying to resell one of these.

Didn't know this didn't have TRIM support on this. Then yeah, getting a controller and 4 separate drives would be a better deal. This is still cool if you want to save space though.

SASUC8I - $150 shipped
4x ADATA 64GB S599's = $115 shipped... no rebates * 4 = $460

Total $610 and you have the ability to add another four drives without a second controller. The price difference would let you upgrade to a newer LSI 9211-8i or buy a fifth drive.

SASUC8I - $150 shipped
4x ADATA 64GB S599's = $115 shipped... no rebates * 4 = $460

Total $610 and you have the ability to add another four drives without a second controller. The price difference would let you upgrade to a newer LSI 9211-8i or buy a fifth drive.

But that makes too much sense! :D

Back