Radeon 5000 and BigFoot Killer NIC toghether at last...

The obvious question being "WHY?"

Which, funnily enough, is the same question for the Killer NIC by itself ;)

The obvious question being "WHY?"

Which, funnily enough, is the same question for the Killer NIC by itself ;)

For whenever some guy yells: "X bad thing happened to me because of lag!" You can suggest to them, well then buy the Killer NIC and watch your problems go away!

/sarcasm

The only reason to buy these integrated is if it is:

1. Cheaper than the 2 separate
2. Your small mobo ran out of slots

i use an Intel 10/100/1000 nic that was tested to preform better then the killer nic and cost 1/2-1/4 its price

I wonder when we will drop GPU's into motherboards like we do CPU's... then cases can become ultra thin, yet maintain the flexibility of normal desktops =D

Of course, ATI and nVidia are going to make everything proprietary... so that's not going to be much fun there, unless they can agree to a standardized format (fat chance, look at Intel and AMD). Although, I can see AMD doing something like that, since they own ATI, and it will be relatively easy for them to create a motherboard to house both a CPU chip and GPU chip (and I'm talking about a GPU on the power level of a HD5770 or higher, not a weak one).

The problem is GPUs are more like motherboards themselves and require a lot of cooling and power. Motherboards would need to get fairly large to accommodate all that, and then it'd be counter productive. Laptop GPUs have that "MXM" format I think unless that got axed. But laptop GPUs are nowhere near as powerful as the desktop equivalent last I checked.

well according to article no display port so the card isn't going support eyefinity either :( not that i can see a reason for anyone buying one in the first place

Back