Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got the Westy working. Picked up the repaired power board from the lcd repair spot I always go to take my broken TV's. Thing powered up right away and to my luck the monitor has no backlight bleed I was worried about when thinking of repairing it. Good $15 spent for a off monitor to monitor temps! Enough talk enjoy the picture.

Those talking about "5.1 speaker trolls" failed to read my whole post, I guess?

Although, I don't really see a way he could set those up with the speakers behind him, unless he got some floor stands for the speakers.

Selective reading, I suppose? ;)

I'll be updating this next week after my 24" monitor arrives. And I still need a real desk!

4267712491_4793895971_o.jpg

Nice and clean -- I agree, but isn't it too large of a screen with too coarse a resolution given the depth of the table?

Thanks. As for the resolution, nah. Its perfect for me. I had a 37" Westinghouse 1080P prior to this Vizio and when I switched I noticed the pixels a bit more than on the 37" but overall, Im very happy with the 42".

Paradigm bookshelves and a ThinkPad?

You have excellent taste, kelim. :)

Ill gvie this a go :)

The rig:

The nice clean desk - figured i would clean it for the new year:

Before-

After-

pics are sub par because i only have an iphone available to take em :)

Last edited:
First Post!

DSC_1579.jpg

DSC_1573.jpg

DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1554.jpg

DSC_1557.jpg

It's a new office and I still have some cable wrangling to do in the server/router area.

beautiful setup Talton...I just hate they are writing off the Bat! May he rest in his cave till they remember that he's the man.

Just realized I left a photo out. I mentioned my server/router area but didn't post the pic (lowest shelf).
DSC_1555.jpg

Get those speakers at ear level and you'll be amazed how much better they sound when their not shooting over your head. ;)

They're at ear level, hence why I have the stands. They may look high, but I sit perfectly in line with them. Thanks for the tip though.

And thanks for all the kind words :)

What's the point of "surround sound" when all the speakers are in 2 speakers format?... So many ppl do this it's mind boggling.

Actually just bought a new house. Haven't had a chance to wall mount them yet. It's a must with a desk this small...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back