Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it funny someone can spend that much on tech, and not have a DECENT camera.
Hell, you don't even need a good camera. Just open a window to let some light in or put the camera on top of something and set it to a long exposure. It's not so much the quality of the camera that makes so many of these pictures bad as it is just a complete lack of understanding on how to use one.

Hell, you don't even need a good camera. Just open a window to let some light in or put the camera on top of something and set it to a long exposure. It's not so much the quality of the camera that makes so many of these pictures bad as it is just a complete lack of understanding on how to use one.

thanks, i have to do that. i have a good camera and still haven't gotten away from the front of the computer long enough to learn to take good pictures :D will have to look up that 'long exposure' thing in my instructions though - canon powershot

4035208726_e59cdfffd3_b.jpg

those foot rests, where do you pick those up!

Caligirl,

Where did you get that chair from!?!? DROOLS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Who said they wanted crappy cell phone pictures? Oh no one, okay.

desk1.jpg

desk3.jpg

desk4.jpg

Yes the Samsung is sitting on a box, which happens to be the perfect size to boost it up to sit level with the Dell. I planned on selling it to a friend and buying another 2209 but that never happened. Now I'm kinda hooked on using dual monitors.

It's fairly simple and nothing compared to others around here, but it works for me. I plan on picking up another 2209 and getting a different desk with dual arm mount at some point.

I've been waiting for at least a year to post a really sick picture of my setup, but I figure I never will, so here's a less-than-perfect shot of what it looked like about a month ago when I got my second monitor -

7927_1245033566789_1257893411_752390_7150711_n.jpg

fuck it, here's one of what it looks like right now

P1010265.jpg

yeah, super messy and dusty. i know. believe me, i know.

as promised, here is better pic, had to wait till it was bright enough side outside as well to get a decent one, lighting in my room sucks so bad its hard to read anything not on my compuer.
100_1694.jpg

100_1696.jpg

this is what my comptuer desk and such looks like now, asus laptop, samsung T260HD mon on the right and 245BW. general mess on my desk, z5500, and cisco IP phone :D, in first pic you can also kinda see my network rack, its a WIP for sure. plan is within the next few months to paint room, not sure on color, and that ugly as* carpet has got to go, again not sure if i want wood floors or new carpet. also gonna replace desk with a much bigger ikea galant desk so i can actualy use my laptop when i'm on my desktop.

Here are my systems. There's also a laptop and three desktops not worth mentioning.

My main system:

Orion%20Desktop.jpg

Orion%20Monitors.jpg

Orion.jpg

Internals%202.jpg

My backup system. Actually, I mainly use it to play older games that don't like Win7 like Max Payne and Moto Racer. Yes, it needs better speakers.

Apollo%20Desktop.jpg

Apollo.jpg

Internals%203.jpg

And the DOS box, not software, actual DOS. It's used to play all my DOS games.

DOS%20Box.jpg

Doom%20In%20Widescreen.jpg

esohhx.jpg

30aauqu.jpg

1sme15.jpg

fmjnu0.jpg

Things to do:
*Buy new T.V. to mount on wall with flag
*Go to Ikea to get Fredrik
*Buy some monitors to play off this Logitech sub
*Get a wireless mouse and keyboard so I can connect this to the T.V. and hang out on my couch that isn't shown above.

http://i48.tinypic.com/esohhx.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/30aauqu.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/1sme15.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/fmjnu0.jpg/IMG][/center]

Things to do:
*Buy new T.V. to mount on wall with flag
*Go to Ikea to get Fredrik
*Buy some monitors to play off this Logitech sub
*Get a wireless mouse and keyboard so I can connect this to the T.V. and hang out on my couch that isn't shown above.[/QUOTE]

What desk is that and where'd ya get it?​

wow how cool. i want a box just to run DOS games on.

You can still find them on eBay. Just ran a quick search and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-Bell-A940-TWRA-Vintage-Desktop-LEGEND_W0QQitemZ180429718908QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDesktop_PCs?hash=item2a0273057c

There are even people selling old parts so you could upgrade the thing if you wanted to. I buy them once in a while as spares and they're cheap.

What kind of desk is that, and where did you get it? :)
Same questions for the small cabinate next to it.

I get asked this question every time I post it up. :)

The desk is a O'Sullivan "L" Workcenter model 10603. I bought it probably close to 10 years ago at Office Depot.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
And the DOS box, not software, actual DOS. It's used to play all my DOS games.

DOS%20Box.jpg

LoL...flashback. That was my first computer. Upgrade the ram from 2 or 4 mb all the way to 16. Many years later, upgraded it to 128mb! I tried to upgrade it using some cyrix chip, but no dice. I must admit - yours looks to be in great shape. My floppy and CDRom yellowed pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back