Post your RMA experiences

haadij404

2[H]4U
I think it would be a nice resource for this community to have a place to post our RMA experiences. Should give people a heads up on what to expect. I suppose it would make for interesting reading as well.

Asus
Issue: Onboard LAN died on motherboard
Very simple and easy. Called them up and explained issue. Didn't really try and trouble shoot with me and sent email a few minutes later with RMA information. Never asked for receipt since they go by serial on mobo. It was about a 2 day turn around time. Shipped me back an OEM board that worked fine. Overall very good.

Razer
Issue: Deathadder would track erroneously
Pretty good as well. Called them and explained my issue. Had me try a bunch of different things to alleviate problem but all failed. Seemed a little hesitant to offer RMA but did in the end. Also asked me to email receipt to confirm warranty. Around 3 day turn around time. Got brand new mouse in retail packaging.

Hauppauge

Issue: HVR 1600 would not decode QAM
Emailed them first but no response. Called them up and immediately gave me RMA info without any trouble shooting but did ask to see receipt to make sure it was still in warranty. 5 day turnaround. Forgot to enter my apartment number on package so I had to go to the local UPS facility and pick it up there. Received OEM tuner back.

Last edited:
I would have too many to list, but then again, I probably cant remember all of them anyhow, lol. Lets just say I've RMA'd to nearly all of the popular companies at least once, and this is within a span of the last 10yrs, between dozens of parts, so yah... my experience with all of them is typically the same: request RMA, receive RMA #, ship part, wait a week or two, receive replacement, test, if it works -> all done, else -> goto step 1.

One thing I'd like to note is that I'm very efficient with my requests. I typically leave no questions unanswered, no matter how irrelevant the info may or may not be, when I'm requesting my RMA. I provide enough detail to show them I know what I'm doing, but not too much that it's a novel to read. ;) I guess I've done this too many times, so I already know what they would ask. :(

I've also found that you typically only need a receipt if the model being RMA'd is older than it's warranty period.

Western Digital:
Issue: HDD crashed

bought from a friend. It was still under warrenty and was replaced no questions asked. Turn around time was extremely quick as well (I think I had my new one in a few days). Couldn't of asked for a smoother transaction, but this was back in 04-ish

EVGA:
Issue: Artifacting GPU

I believe the RAM was bad on it. Anyway, it went pretty smooth. Took almost a month to get my GPU back, but luckly a friend let me borrow his 260 until I got it back. My only real complaint is that I sent my GPU out with the SLI connector cover and SPDIF cover installed. The refurb unit I was sent back didn't have said covers on the card.

not a big deal, but I was a little surprised that they counted those pieces as accessories.

Back