Playstation 4?

jbltecnicspro

[H]F Junkie
So am thinking of getting a PS4 for Castlevania Requiem. I also see that it has its own version of Minecraft and that version looks to be solid (4 player local co-op runs at a solid 30 fps at 1080p). Is there some quick resource I can go to, to see if a PS4 is worth it to me?

Right now we have a Wii-U. It's old, it's quirky, but we love it. Minecraft on it isn't too good when all of my kids want to play (single-digit framerates are common). But it looks like most of the games I can get for PS4 are already on PC so I'm not really sure if it's worth plunking down the cash for a system and controllers. The controllers themselves seem to be expensive. Also see that there's a "pro" version. Probably like the "X" series of the XBox one is my guess? (Side note, I find it annoying that consoles have gone to tiered performance. It used to be the whole point of getting a game console was to just put the damn game in the system, power it on, and away you go...).

Any thoughts? PS4 potentially worth it if I find a bundle cheap enough? Should I get the "pro" version? Would it even matter? I only have a 1080p plasma and don't intend to get anything better. If anything, I'll be looking for a BIGGER plasma :D. Yeah, I'm stuck in 2010.

I think the slim version is good my PS4 has a bunch of scratches because the cover was glossy. I sold it like 7 years ago. I still own my PS3 won't let that go because of it's backwards compatibility.

I think the slim version is good my PS4 has a bunch of scratches because the cover was glossy. I sold it like 7 years ago. I still own my PS3 won't let that go because of it's backwards compatibility.
Hell no, no glossy for me. Hate that about the Wii U. Scratch/fingerprint magnet.

The Pro is still worth considering since it will super sample the supported higher res games down to 1080p, while also offering higher performance (60 FPS) in the games that support it as well. Which most, if not all decent games that came out after the Pro will support it in some way.

Otherwise, it seems you already know most there is too know about it and if it's worth having for family gaming. Personally, the Switch is what my family games on together since that's Nintendo's strong suit. But there's plenty of available local multiplayer titles for PS4 as well. And at least a few times a year, Playstation controllers go on sale for $35 or so as well.

The Pro is still worth considering since it will super sample the supported higher res games down to 1080p, while also offering higher performance (60 FPS) in the games that support it as well. Which most, if not all decent games that came out after the Pro will support it in some way.

Otherwise, it seems you already know most there is too know about it and if it's worth having for family gaming. Personally, the Switch is what my family games on together since that's Nintendo's strong suit. But there's plenty of available local multiplayer titles for PS4 as well. And at least a few times a year, Playstation controllers go on sale for $35 or so as well.
I say Konami can suck my left nut for not offering Rondo of Blood on platforms other than Sony. Only reason I'm considering the system.

I’d say get a Pro. Had my Pro for a long time and loved it. It’s quiet, good performance and frankly looks good. I hate what they’ve done with the PS5 design.

Back