[H]ard|Gawd
Specs of system:
AMD 3800+x2 (939)
MSI K8N Neo4/SLI Platinum (939)
2gb corsair xms
evga 9800gt
ocz modstream 450w
2x 120gb HDDs

This was my primary rig for the last few years, and after my upgrade my roomate is now going to use it. I worked fine a couple weeks ago in my Lian-Li case with an 8600gt in it.

It is now in an Antec 900 case, and the JPWR2 cable is too short to reach the plug on the mobo, so that is currently unplugged.

Aside from the new video card being plugged in and the JPWR2 cable not being plugged in, there should be no reason for an issue, however:

When I attempt to boot the PC, all the fans spin/ect, everything lights up, but nothing will display on the monitor (I have tried both dvi connections on the video card, and various monitors.)

After class today, I am going to first put the psu in a diff location to plug in the JPWR2 (4pin) cable and see if that is problem. Then I will try the 8600gt in the machine again to see if the new video card is borked, but aside from those two issues I am not really sure what else to check/test.

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!
Let me know if you need anymore info

IIRC, JPWR2 is an 8-pin EPS 12V connector that powers your CPU. If your CPU is not getting power, how do you expect it to run? :p I know some MSI boards allow you to use a 4-pin ATX12V P4 connector along with a regular 4-pin molex instead of a single 8-pin EPS 12V connector, though. I'm too lazy to check your mobo manual, so you can confirm my memory for me, if you have it handy. ;)

I hope that is not that issue >< The JPWR2 on my board is only 4 pins, and there is a 20+4pin plugged into the JPWR1 atm, so I was thinking I didn't need it...
If it is, then I will have to use his Antec 900 and he will get my Lian-Li v1000b ;___;

Haha oh well, thanks for the quick advice enginurd.

Everyone feel free to continue posting any advice

All modern CPUs need at least the 4-pin ATX12V P4 connector connected to the PSU. This powers the CPU. Some boards have an 8-pin EPS 12V connector instead of the 4-pin P4 connector. Either way, your CPU needs power. If the cable can't reach, simply pickup an extension from either monoprice.com, svc.com, or wherever you wish. No point in giving him your uber expensive case for a POS antec. :p

Thanks again for the help.
We will try and find one locally tomorrow and if we do not have any luck we will order off newegg or frozencpu

*hopefully that was the issue in the first place*

Back