OpenHouse cabinet accessories

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
House came with one of these:

https://a.co/d/bPTldLm

It's a mess and trying to clean it up. But having a hard time finding accessories. Like things to hang switches etc from. Anyone have any familiarity?

Attachments

• 16882392633421276223338266805201.jpg
    16882392633421276223338266805201.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 0
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes those things are trash. Rip it out and mount a real network cab to the wall.

Or just throw a loose patch panel like I did in mine, that rerouted incoming line elsewhere in house and the put the cab there.

Yes those things are trash. Rip it out and mount a real network cab to the wall.
I'm really trying to avoid that. My networking acumen is lacking already, and I don't really want to cause more problems and solve by getting into mild demolition.

I have new ethernet cables that are a better length coming in the mail, just trying to figure out a way to mount the switch so that I can neaten things up.

I'm going to be adding a mini PC with PFsense on it, and am trying to route everything correctly and neatly while making room for it.

I'm really trying to avoid that. My networking acumen is lacking already, and I don't really want to cause more problems and solve by getting into mild demolition.

I have new ethernet cables that are a better length coming in the mail, just trying to figure out a way to mount the switch so that I can neaten things up.

I'm going to be adding a mini PC with PFsense on it, and am trying to route everything correctly and neatly while making room for it.

Then put some plywood on the wall. Mount everything to the plywood. Did that on a rental a few years ago. Not mine, just the idea

Screenshot_20230701_211313_Reddit.jpg

The only thing those are good for is cables and they're really not very good for those. Putting anything powered in them is going to cause problems with overheating. There is no where for the heat to go, the more cabling you have inside the less air space there is and then whole thing spirals into heat death. Get a properly vented cabinet, the open plywood as shown above or more likely a bit of both.

Then put some plywood on the wall. Mount everything to the plywood. Did that on a rental a few years ago. Not mine, just the idea

View attachment 580728
Found a good solution. $20 for 4 plastic 10"x10" pegboard squares. Makes the setup quite modular. I have a wall mount for the mesh router coming Wednesday (ugh, thanks Amazon for not letting me finish this in an afternoon), so everything will be quite neatly cable managed and routed flush to the wall.

Used a Dremel to cut the door allowing the Ethernet, power and coax to exit the box. Got some zip ties I already had plus some other cable organizing gizmos for cheap, and it's MUCH better.

It's still behind the laundry room door, but that means it's not wifey unsightly.

Attachments

• IMG_20230703_184816_01.jpg
    IMG_20230703_184816_01.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back