NY times wrings out the Storm

All I got out of it was "Bah I can't type on it like I can my Iphone or my other BB"

No shit sherlock. It took me a good couple weeks to get used to the qwerty keyboard on the pearl. It took me all of about a day to get used to the Storm's keyboard and personally I type considerably faster with the Storm then I do the Pearl. So what that the phone doesn't have Wi-Fi, anyone with a modicum amount of reading ability knew that before they bought the phone or got it that it didn't have Wi-Fi. Oh noes, it doesn't work in timbukto, Well guess what? Neither does your Wi-Fi.

I swear, columnists are getting more asinine each year. His whole argument hinges on the
Honestly, though, you’ll probably never get that far. When you look at your typing, slow and typo-ridden, and you repair the dents you’ve made banging your head against the wall, you’ll be grateful that Verizon offers a 30-day return period.

Which is probably more or less because the guy types worse then he writes his columns. I mean, there are a few random quirks and glitches, but he spends more time ranting about the keyboard and how he can't use it then he does the actual problems with the phone and the OS.

The touch screen has a learning curve if you have used physical qwerty keyboards for a decent amount of time. The NY Times writer sounds more like a cry baby then an objective writer. I have had many phones with the built in wifi and never used it other then to see what wifi networks where around before pulling out my laptop.

The reason to have a touch screen is for the media side of the phone which it performs great at. Biggest thing holding back the storms multimedia is the battery life, one hour and half movie basically drains the battery.

The Storm is a niche phone just like the Iphone, you either like it or you dont, if not maybe the Bold or Pearl are more for you. If you dont like the Iphone then well you can choose one of apples other fine products....err wait nvm.

Back