Note 3 Action-Memo Broken by Lollipop

madFive

metal[H]ead
One of my favorite and most-used things on my Note 3 is the Action-Memo widget that acts like a big sticky note on my home-screen. I use it as a checklist, a shopping list, and to leave myself notes so I don’t forget stuff.

5.0 just installed on my Note 3 and apparently now they’ve merged S Note and Action Memo, or something like that, and the widget options are all screwed up. I can’t figure out how to get my beloved sticky-note back! This sucks!

The new S Note widget options I’ve found are just a launcher bar to bring up all my S-Note folders or create new memos, or I can put little thumbnails for every note I’ve ever made on the home screen, which is not what I want. I just want my one big 4x4 full-page sticky-note widget so I can read my checklist without being in edit mode.

Anyone else had this issue and/or know how to fix it? Or can anyone recommend another widget to install that works like the Action Memo widget used to? I want my big sticky-note widget back!!

Ok, I'm half-way to getting my widget working again. Looks like it may just be an issue with sizing on the home-screen.

I can pin an action-memo to the home screen, and it has the re-size bars on the sides, but the scaling bars don't seem to be working right.

I managed to scale my note up to 2x2, so that's a little better, but I can't get it to scale the rest of the way. I keep clicking and dragging but the borders keep turning red and it won't let me scale it to 4x3 or 4x4...

Hopefully an update soon will get this working again. I guess I can make do with a 2x2 sticky-note for now. :/

I would still welcome any suggestions.

Don't say "broken by Lollipop"...so much as broken by Samsung bastardizing Lollipop.

There are other note taking apps that are a million times better than S-Note. Handy Note for example was my fav when I had a Note device running AOSP...superior in every way from the S-Note half-assery.

1) Try signing into the Samsung app store and see if there's an update for Action Memo.

2) Back up your data then do factory reset to see if it restores functionality.

3) Last resort is back up your data and reflash the full new firmware with ODIN. Instructions and stock firmware can be found on forum.xda-developers.com for your device model.

Don't say "broken by Lollipop"...so much as broken by Samsung bastardizing Lollipop.

Well yeah, that was just the shortest way I could phrase that to fit in thread title. 5.0 really has nothing to do with it, Samsung just broke their own app and its compatibility with their home-screen widget system. The problem just didn't appear 'till I got their 5.0 update.

There are other note taking apps that are a million times better than S-Note. Handy Note for example was my fav when I had a Note device running AOSP...superior in every way from the S-Note half-assery.

Excellent! Will try out Handy Note asap.

1) Try signing into the Samsung app store and see if there's an update for Action Memo.

Oh. I didn't realize Samsung had their own app store too. :rolleyes:
Will look there for updates. Thanks.

2) Back up your data then do factory reset to see if it restores functionality.

3) Last resort is back up your data and reflash the full new firmware with ODIN. Instructions and stock firmware can be found on forum.xda-developers.com for your device model.

No way in hell I am going through that over this issue. I'm up for a new phone in a few weeks anyways.

Back