NEW Eizo Foris FS2331. Breaking news :)

Paper Mode That Simulates Printed Paper

Designed to reduce eyestrain when reading documents or ebooks, Paper mode simulates the look of printed paper by raising the black level and lowering the contrast ratio.

I do a lot of reading on pc monitors, so I'm definitely keeping an eye out on this monitor. Are Eizo's generally considered one of the best monitors out there?

I do a lot of reading on pc monitors, so I'm definitely keeping an eye out on this monitor. Are Eizo's generally considered one of the best monitors out there?

Surely will be a good expensive monitor, it is surely a led.
Hope to see soon a reviews by prad, sincerely I don't like 16:9 for PC use I prefer 16:10. :(

I've just got an Eizo 2242W, an ex-demo version. I'm very pleased with it, having returned an HP IPS panel owing to unbearable glare and fuzzy text.

The 2242 is a 22 inch PVA monitor but has 1920 x 1200 resolution so you get great detail. But best of all is that it has a nice 'soft but still sharp' feel on the eyes, and is very much like my trusty CRT, which I've now retired. 22 inches is a fine size in my opinion.

Like you text is key for me. The Eizo has a text mode that takes the brightness way down, but you can crank it up instantly in picture and movie modes. It also adjusts brightness according to ambient light and shuts down when you're not working in front of it.

Cost me only £200 plus tax and full retail is about £350 plus tax, so think I got a bargain.

I've just got an Eizo 2242W, an ex-demo version. I'm very pleased with it, having returned an HP IPS panel owing to unbearable glare and fuzzy text.

The 2242 is a 22 inch PVA monitor but has 1920 x 1200 resolution so you get great detail. But best of all is that it has a nice 'soft but still sharp' feel on the eyes, and is very much like my trusty CRT, which I've now retired. 22 inches is a fine size in my opinion.

Like you text is key for me. The Eizo has a text mode that takes the brightness way down, but you can crank it up instantly in picture and movie modes. It also adjusts brightness according to ambient light and shuts down when you're not working in front of it.

Cost me only £200 plus tax and full retail is about £350 plus tax, so think I got a bargain.

Awesome, thanks. Text is the number 1 thing for me when it comes to monitors. I've never been truly happy with any text that I've seen on any monitor. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I think it's the combination of eye strain and just not razor sharp text, which is what I'm looking for. Maybe Eizos are the way to go for me, then. By chance, which HP IPS display did you return?

This monitor could be a wonderful all rounder apart its ugly look.
Can't belive to see a wonderful monitor like this in 16:9 :(

Awesome, thanks. Text is the number 1 thing for me when it comes to monitors. I've never been truly happy with any text that I've seen on any monitor. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I think it's the combination of eye strain and just not razor sharp text, which is what I'm looking for. Maybe Eizos are the way to go for me, then. By chance, which HP IPS display did you return?

No LCD has great text in my view, but in fact when I look at a CRT it's not so sharp either, but what's key is the contrast/glare, and obviously, the resolution, which is why 1920 x 1200 is great. I use Macs and the font smoothing is not great on OS X either. I can run Windows on one Mac and the text is better - about the only thing that is mind you.

Another thing I feel is important is not to use a large widescreen monitor because your eyes are distracted/bombarded by stuff on the sides. 22 inch is probably too large - I'm noticing some of this distraction. I'm running another 18 inch Eizo I got cheap side by side with the 2242. This has a lower res and I've got it swivelled into A4 portrait (you can swivel the larger one too). When I look at the 18 inch like that it's less straining in fact.

The HP I returned was a 2475w - great colours but the screen had an awful pearlescence and the text was red shifted too much. I realise now 24 inch is probably too wide as well.

Another factor - I think glossy screens are probably better for text work, ie the Apple monitors, but they are very costly.

So it may be that in fact a good glossy TN panel is best for affordable text work. The text mode on the Eizo is good though and its matt surface, while having some 'pearlescence', is OK but not perfect. The surface of the smaller Eizo is better.

- “The FORIS FS2331 is designed to do many things very well at a competitive price,” said Minoru Kontani, senior manager of EIZO’s Overseas Sales & Marketing Department.
“We expect it to appeal to a wide range of consumers who are looking for a stylish monitor on which they can enjoy gaming, watching movies, photo editing, and reading ebooks.”

Hmm, very curious to see what the price point is on this. Looking forward to FlatPanels' review!

soon it will arrive a reviews from flatpanelshd, I'm really impatient to see it.
unfortunantly this monitor can't be my monitor since it is a 16:9 but if it will be good I hope to see the same LED PVA panel on other Eizo starting from 24".

soon it will arrive a reviews from flatpanelshd, I'm really impatient to see it.
unfortunantly this monitor can't be my monitor since it is a 16:9 but if it will be good I hope to see the same LED PVA panel on other Eizo starting from 24".

This monitor does not use a LED backlight. It is almost assuredly going to use the EV2333W/F2380 panel.

When is this monitor coming out and is it really any different performance wise and picture wise than the EV2333wh which I was just about to buy until I read this? Other than the paper text and power gamma and power resolution features is there anything really new worth waiting for?

After looking at Eizo's site, I noticed they have other models with 'paper mode' viewing. Even with those preset modes (text, paper, etc.) the screen is still matte, which means muted colors and lower contrast.

Still, Eizo does make excellent monitors, and those 'paper mode' settings sound tempting. I guess the best solution is to have two monitors, one for web browsing, reading text, e-books, office apps, etc; and one for gaming, photo editing, etc.

I'm on an iMac, and I love the way the glossy H-IPS screen displays text. The pure whiteness of the whites makes the text stand out more as well. I came from an NEC 2090 which was very matte and grainy. Everything looks 'punchier' on the iMac, and web pages are richer and more detailed. Dark images, however, tend to make reflections more noticable. I wouldn't do serious photo editing on an iMac either. (although some people do).

I wish I could find a store that sells Eizo retail. I'd like to check one out in person.

Back