Network pics thread

Yeah I've been seeing those for awhile. They use them in basements alot for whole house audio systems. You can use a radio tuner, a cd, or your ipod and play them through the house's in wall/ceiling speakers. Putting them in a rack makes them fit better with the rest of the house's gear. I really need to put a rack together. The box under my steps is a mess!!

Ockie what kind of servers are in all of those racks that you need that much?

800kW is a decent sized datacenter footprint, to be sure, but probably half of that power is used in the HVAC.

If only I could show you guys the datacenters I work in.. Let's just say they're rated in the multiple megawatts, and contain hosts numbering in the tens of thousands.

fix'd

asd49632.jpg

Got my new HP ProCurve switch today and it's all wired up with CAT6. Very happy with it. :D

IMG_1022.jpg

Wow, that looks really nice - could be anal and use black zip ties, but then finding them could be more difficult :p

What is that on top of the switch, or is that just some other part of it?

Wow, that looks really nice - could be anal and use black zip ties, but then finding them could be more difficult :p

What is that on top of the switch, or is that just some other part of it?

Try Velcro :)

You should totaly go velcro. Deepsurplus.com has 50 packs of velcro straps for really cheap. You can also buy double-sided velcro rolls you can cut to length from sweetwater.com for a decent price as well.

Nice switch though. Is that some kind of WAP on top of it?

Better? I just had to find my black zipties and I added 2 more cables for use later on.

IMG_1023.jpg

You should totaly go velcro. Deepsurplus.com has 50 packs of velcro straps for really cheap. You can also buy double-sided velcro rolls you can cut to length from sweetwater.com for a decent price as well.

Nice switch though. Is that some kind of WAP on top of it?

Kinda funny you bring up deepsurplus.com since that where I got my cat6 cables from. :D

On top of the switch is my monitor with a USB mic.

These are a few quick snaps I took of our Comp Eng lab at my high school today.

The Computers:
Case with hole: Ghosting
Top: 2k Adv Server for WSUS
Bottom: EFW 2.2 RC3 (internet connectivity for the WSUS server)
Big: 2k Adv Server AD/DNS/DHCP

EDIT: Tweaked the diagram I made before. This is approximately how it is/will be set up.
schoolnetworkwz6.png

Here is my little setup that I have going on in my basement/workbench area:

From top to bottom:

24-port patch panel
Linksys WRT54G(using as WAP)
HP ProCurve 2524 switch
8-port KVM
My 1.5TB media server

And then, directly to the right of the "rack," you can see my Untangle box, and then further right is my torrentbox.

Why did you choose the 1400-24g if you were going for a unmanaged switch? Its fairly expensive for the options it has compared to netgear, ect.

I cant say anything though, I :heart: my 1800-24g. I bought it off Amazon as open box for $278.

Greetings everyone,
After much procrastination, I finally purchase my 20u home rack. Here are some pics of the process and a special thanks to xphil3 for helping me put this together.

3213735351_1e994733b9_m.jpg

decided to virtualize all the routers above... thank you dynamips!!
3214583866_10e631d1d6.jpg

Finally Rack came!!!
3214583588_e1d583f33c.jpg

Still sore after putting that beast in there.
3214584580_98b623807b.jpg

Finally we were done
3213737431_1582fe3fc6.jpg

3213737679_e0b8d82ec5.jpg

3213737151_58c7be4a4e.jpg

equipment 2900 power edge 2 dual xeon, 10GB mem, 120GB storage, 4 Quad Intel NIC's. 2950,3560,3550,2610xm's,1131, 7960 IP Phone, dual homed :).

What kind of hardware does dynamips need? I seriously need to get a cisco lab of some kind going so I can go for my CCNA, would it be able to do everything I need? Or do I still need to buy the switches?

What kind of hardware does dynamips need? I seriously need to get a cisco lab of some kind going so I can go for my CCNA, would it be able to do everything I need? Or do I still need to buy the switches?

Lots of memory ... that's about it. Some people will argue that you can use Dynamips with virtual 16 port modules in routers to do your switching labs, but I still prefer and suggest physical switches if they are in your budget.

Go over to blindhog.net for configuration guides.

Someone earlier wanted pics of my rack; it's done, but I don't have anything mounted properly, I'm still waiting on $$$ to get my patch panel and the tray to mount the switch/router/modem :p

OmegaAvenger,
Dynamips can emulate switches on the router using the NM16-ESW module, but you will not be able to do any of the advance switching features.A buddy of mine purchased 4 8 port 3560 on e-bay for a great deal. For the specs for dynamips check out the following Internetwork Experts Blog on Dynamips although I used that as the minimum. Good luck on your studies.

OmegaAvenger,
Dynamips can emulate switches on the router using the NM16-ESW module, but you will not be able to do any of the advance switching features.A buddy of mine purchased 4 8 port 3560 on e-bay for a great deal. For the specs for dynamips check out the following Internetwork Experts Blog on Dynamips although I used that as the minimum. Good luck on your studies.
Lots of memory ... that's about it. Some people will argue that you can use Dynamips with virtual 16 port modules in routers to do your switching labs, but I still prefer and suggest physical switches if they are in your budget.

Go over to blindhog.net for configuration guides.

TYVM!

Here's my stuff:

Internet Router and WAP:
871_WAP.jpg

Horrible Cabling :( :
Rack1.jpg

ESX Server:
ESXBox1.jpg

Fileserver
Server1.jpg

I should have unplugged the mess of cables before taking pics, but I didn't feel like it.:oops:

In the rack:

1x7905
1x7940
1x5505
1xDell 2624 (needed something gigabit)
1x3550
3x2950
1x1760
2x2514
1x2512
2x3640

Vito,

Not bad, are those phones SCCP or SIP and what do you have to provide signaling for them as it looks like they're not even powered on? Also, if you want to build out the rest of your CCNP lab I have a few 3640's I could let go to you for the right price. You may want to look into dropping those 2950's for 3550's/60's when you start your CCNP and eventually your IE.

Null_0,

nice name;) We have to build out our "combined posted sized" network diagram soon.

well I got a new server, it was a total steal @ $79

Dell PowerEdge 2650
2.8GHz Intel Xeon HT
2GB ECC DDR SDRAM
36GB 10k RPM Maxtor Atlantis
Dual Power Supplies and Dual Gigabit Ethernet...
2Gb QLogic Fibre Card

Vito,

Not bad, are those phones SCCP or SIP and what do you have to provide signaling for them as it looks like they're not even powered on? Also, if you want to build out the rest of your CCNP lab I have a few 3640's I could let go to you for the right price. You may want to look into dropping those 2950's for 3550's/60's when you start your CCNP and eventually your IE.

Null_0,

nice name;) We have to build out our "combined posted sized" network diagram soon.

They're SCCP, I'm running them with the 2620xm and 1760. They're not powered on in the picture, I only power them when I'm using 'em. I'm just dabbling in voice stuff right now so I can get the CCNA: V next week.

I already started the NP ;). I passed the BCMSN, so I'm not too worried about getting another L3 switch yet, if/when I go for the IE I'll grab some 3560s. The 2950s just kind of piled up, lol. I had two for the NA and grabbed another one cause it was only $60.

I could probably use a 3640 or two for the BSCI and ISCW, let me know what you want for them.

heres my setup

PIC-0075.jpg

going in a few days to install a massive VoIP setup for some company....will take pictures.

well I got a new server, it was a total steal @ $79

Dell PowerEdge 2650
2.8GHz Intel Xeon HT
2GB ECC DDR SDRAM
36GB 10k RPM Maxtor Atlantis
Dual Power Supplies and Dual Gigabit Ethernet...
2Gb QLogic Fibre Card

Damn nice! How loud is the thing? And where did you get it for $79?

I have a 2650 w/ dual xeons(pretty much the same as iGamer) and its pretty loud. Not obscene, but I wouldn't want to sleep in a room with that in it ;)

I've got a 1950 and it's not too bad. Much louder than anything else. If I leave the door to my office open, I can hear it anywhere in the house.

Back