Need an AM2 MOBO Recommendation

I had the GA-MA69GM-S2H but last night after trying to put together the whole system, I was not getting any overclocking abilities in BIOS. This is even after flashing to BIOS F3a. The Advanced Chipset menu just wasn't there :confused:

Anywho, so I returned that and now need another mobo. I'm running the system in my sig with an AMD 4200+ Windsor that I plan on OC'ing to ~2.6ghz.

Would an AM2+ board be any better? I don't plan on going quad with my HTPC so I'm not really sure what other, if any at all, advantages an AM2+ board would have over AM2.

Thanks in advance :)

I seem to recall that you need to do something like CTRL-F1 or ALT-F1 while booting to get the advanced options menu. I've got the full ATX version and I needed to use that to access the overclocking features.

I Googled it at the time and didn't come up with anything at all. I also can't recall I saw anything in the manual. If that's the case, I may just pick up another one =P

yout should go with the new version of your board base on the 790.

Yep, I just read about that board and I'm really impressed. Ordering as we speak from the Egg. Only $25 more than the 690G but not needing a GPU makes it a winner.

Back