Music Collection (Exporting/Creating a List)

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
I did a search, and found plenty of people looking for programs to organize their music etc. However I've had no luck finding any good ways to do what I'm looking for.

My music is all completely organized. Files named, ID3 Tags named, etc. (because I ripped them from the cd's I purchased amirite? ;) )

M:/Artist Folders/[Year] Album/ Tack - Title.mp3

Basically I'm trying to figure out a good way to make a list of Artists and their Albums that I have, not necessarily each and every song. Though it would be cool to have the artists and albums listed, and then have the option to see the songs on the album, anyways, I want to be able to print of a list for guests at my house to be able to look at.

I can think of a few ways to do this, but my programming knowledge is fairly limited, and I just don't have the time to try and write something myself.

Any ideas? I know I can't be the first person who's wanted to do this.

Thank you in advance, and any advice is appreciated.

I havn't use foobar in a while, does it have the ability to export a music library to a text file or something similar? Taking a look at the FAQ and the 3rd party addons thread, I didn't see anything that looked like what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it.

Edit: I did find a program called Filelist. FileList is a program written using the GTK2 Runtime which outputs a Track Listing of a folder automatically. Unfortunately I can't test it out until I get home from work ;)

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago, and the only solution I found was TagScanner which does exactly what you need.

Back