Mobile LANDisk 3.5" USB 2.0/RJ-45 NAS

Old Hippie

Supreme [H]ardness
This looks like a pretty nice little toy or NAS learning tool for a pretty cheap price.

It's over at Geeks.com and comes in a SATA version is OOS or an IDE version for $24.99 + shipping.

It looks like a comparable model can be found at MWave for $154.00.

You can also take another 10% off by using "techbargains" at checkout and another 4.1% off by going thru Live.com Cashback site.

Shipping to Ohio was @ 10.00.

Yeah.. $25 is about all I'd pay for it too. :p Just as a heads up, the read/write is horribly slow, and once you get more than a few users accessing it, the thing might as well not even be connected. Anyway, don't have too high of hopes. I installed one for a client on his network, and he ended up returning it.

Yeah.. $25 is about all I'd pay for it too. :p Just as a heads up, the read/write is horribly slow, and once you get more than a few users accessing it, the thing might as well not even be connected. Anyway, don't have too high of hopes. I installed one for a client on his network, and he ended up returning it.

:D :D :D :D :D

I figured it'd be pretty crappy if you were actually looking for any performance, but for me it's gonna be a great 35.00 learning tool for that Samba stuff and other networking mystery words. :cool:

My WHS box will take care of the real work.

It should be fine for learning, or if you are a single user just looking to save some stuff to a network location. Where two or more users simultaneously access it is where the exponential slowdown begins.

Back