Look for a crt cable with built in dvi converter

Galvin

2[H]4U
Not sure if they make them. Right now I have to use a DVI to CRT adapter for my crt cable. Are there any cables out there that have the converter built in. Thinking of getting a silverstone case. And the crt + adapter would not fit with the cover on.

What do you mean by "CRT cable"? What type of connection does the CRT need?

Last edited:
I'd bet we're talking about VGA here. DVI-A to VGA adapter. You could use a DVI extension cable to go from the back of the PC to the adapter that you have now, that might fit better. You might also be able to attach the adapter to your monitor directly, depending on how things fit together, and then run the DVI cable from the adapter to the PC, this could be a little tidier.

Dustin

Yeah talking VGA

The adpater won't work on the crt. The crt has a female connector. And the adapter has a female connector on the VGA side.

The problem is the vga cable connector is 1.75" long. And the adapter is around 1.5" long. You have around 3.25" of space used.

Using the extension cable 6 feet then the adapter, then the vga cable 6 feet. Not sure if that's good, may get lose picture quality going thru 12 feet of cable with an adapter.

Last edited:
Ok after checking around on newegg. Just not sure what to get.

The extension would go from the video card and the adapter between the VGA monitor and cable. For this to work. The extension cable would have to have a male connector. The other end would plug into the adapter. The adapater that plugs into the VGA monitor would have to be male.

So the graphics card has a female connector (DVI) and the CRT monitor has a female connector (VGA).

Last edited:
I tried that cable and I got a green screen. Everything came thru, but it was like looking thru green tinted glasses. So not sure why it didn't work. My understanding is that the DVI-I connector has VGA pins. And the cable uses those pins to go to a VGA monitor. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back