Lian Li Launches PC-O8 Dual-Compartment Chassis

HardOCP News

[H] News
Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd today launches the PC-O8 dual-compartment chassis. Comprised of aluminum and tempered glass, the PC-O8 allows DIY builders to show off their high-end, intricate setups, while hiding cables and less eye catching components in the large compartment behind the motherboard tray.

Through the front glass panel, the PC-O8 is divided into two zones. Zone 1 allows DIY enthusiasts to show off their motherboard and graphics cards through the edge-to-edge side panel windows. On the other side of the motherboard tray, Zone 2 gives plenty of room for cables and less eye-catching components such as hard drives and the power supply.

Looks nice, I just wish they weren't so expensive. $395 msrp puts it way out of consideration for me. Just like so many of their cases in the past.. I still have an empty spot in my soul from missing out on the X500.

Looks like their take (or is that ThermalTake?) on the Corsair Air 540. While I see why they moved the front fans to the right chamber (make it pretty from the front), it seems like you wouldn't get enough cooling for the MB itself. Note, I do see that you can put a radiator on the top, but that would seem to go against the aesthetics of the case.

What I think would be cool (see what I did there?), would be to have a split-duct of a sort that could direct some of the air from the right chamber to the left side. Ooh, I think I may need to patent that...

Keith

Yeah it's expensive, but holy smokes that is one pretty case.

They could have at least cut the grommets for you for that price...
o8-f-18.jpg

Top USB ports without a door or slide will get full of dust or worse.

Back