Leo Bodnar Input Lag Tester Results

alamone

Gawd
1080P Bodnar lag tester results (all measured from the top bar)

IMG_0293.JPG

Dell U2211H 22" e-IPS monitor, 1080P native - 3.1 ms

IMG_0252.JPG

Mitsubishi RDT234WX - 23" AH-IPS monitor, 1080P native - 3.4 ms

IMG_0298.JPG

ASUS VG278H - 27" 120hz TN monitor, 1080P native - 4.2 ms

IMG_0294.JPG

Panasonic TC-L37E3- 37" Alpha-IPS HDTV, 1080P native - 8.3 ms

IMG_0253.JPG

Seiki SE39UY04 - 39" S-PVA HDTV, upscaling to 2160P - 58.1 ms

IMG_0291.JPG

Sony KDL-55W900A 55" S-PVA HDTV, 1080P native, game-original mode - 17.6 ms

Last edited:
Would need a 4K version of the lag tester because the lag tester only outputs at a fixed resolution, but subjectively I'd say the lag is about the same or worse at 2160P 30hz.

cnet somehow got 38.3ms input lag on the seiki 4k when they reviewed it, they supposedly also use the leo bodnar for the testing.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/seiki-se50uy04-4k-uhd/4505-6482_7-35757100-2.html

I have no idea which result is correct and I'm hoping someone can clear up this discrepancy, cause this is a TV I'm very interested in.

Edit: appears that they reviewed the 50", where as the pic in your post is of the 39", that's a crazy difference in lag between models. :/

Last edited:
probably due to the crappy input board on the Seiki the panel should be faster transitioning even with a VA panel.

Would need a 4K version of the lag tester because the lag tester only outputs at a fixed resolution, but subjectively I'd say the lag is about the same or worse at 2160P 30hz.
Just FYI -- The upcoming Blur Busters Input Lag Tester supports 4K, 120Hz, 144Hz, LightBoost modes, laptop screens, etc. A screenshot of my early prototype is found by googling "Arduino input lag tester", however, I've since updated the software to have 3 bars similar to Leo's, using forced full screen mode. That said, I've been so busy on other things (e.g. TestUFO.com, and main job). I am aiming to have something released by the end of the year.

Top bar -- lowest lag, zero relative to CRT (when excluding signal cable lag), numbers most directly compared to SMTT and Leo Bodnar
Middle bar -- average lag for the whole screen, more independent of presentation (e.g. strobe backlights).
Bottom bar -- typically highest lag (worst case scenario lag)

1080P Bodnar lag tester results (all measured from the top bar)
The top bar is the standard that compares more directly to SMTT input lag test results.

However, I prefer to measure input lag as the average input lag (middle bar). This is because displays can have different presentation patterns that causes the bottom input lag bar to diverge more greatly or less greatly from the top input lag bar. Strobe backlights have the same input lag for top/middle/bottom (all-at-once presentation of the screen). So that can distort comparisons. People usually stare at the middle of the screen (e.g. crosshairs) so the middle bar is a preferred method of comparing input lag.

DisplayLag.com has decided to convert their input lag measurements to use the MIDDLE bar (AVG measurement) instead of the TOP bar.
I happen to agree with this method.

Last edited:
Good I need a new method to test lag since my smt tool license expired and the leo bodnar device is limited to 1080p.

Back