Kingston 40gb V series coming how should I move my OS?

darkhunter139

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a 40 gb kingston v series coming in the mail pretty soon. Is there anyway to move my OS without doing a fresh install? I kind of want the install to be small so I am guessing I should just re install it but if I do that is there anyway to move my games from the 500gb hard drive I have now to it ?

Also I plan on getting another one in the near future and want to set it up in RAID 0 what will I need to do this? My motherboard is the IP35 - E so I dont believe it supports raid onboard.

You probably need to reinstall unless you are able to trim that 500 gigs down to below 40 then use a cloning tool. I don't think any of those tools can take out just windows.

Pretty simple to just install fresh on the SSD. Plug it in, boot windows from the cd, tell it to install to the SSD. It won't touch the other hard drive(s) at all. You'll be able to access all your old files.

Most games can be moved just by copying and pasting the actual folder obviously but you may lose saved games/settings stored in the appdata(?) directories in your previous windows user folders.

Can anyone reccomend a good RAID controller? I was looking on newegg and they seems to be a huge price difference in some of them. I was hoping to get one for around 30 dollars.

Back