just crossfired my 4870 and 4850...

Well that's settled.

um, what's settled...? this is my first multi-gpu configured system, so I am not really up on issues or any of the current discussion topics about it, I can always put them back again and I did get ~ a 20% gain in performance, so I'm actually pretty happy that's the only problem thusfar...

um, what's settled...? this is my first multi-gpu configured system, so I am not really up on issues or any of the current discussion topics about it, I can always put them back again and I did get ~ a 20% gain in performance, so I'm actually pretty happy that's the only problem thusfar...

Not sure where your icons went but performance wise the best gains are seen when your Xfire the same cards. You basicly turned your 4870 into a 4850. So you are running Xfired HD4850s now.

Not sure where your icons went but performance wise the best gains are seen when your Xfire the same cards. You basicly turned your 4870 into a 4850. So you are running Xfired HD4850s now.

I realize that, but I paid less for my 4870 ($85) than I did for my 4850 which I bought last summer and it's still about a 20% increase from my single 4870, it was a worthwhile upgrade imo...

it's all good...

Last edited:
Did your resolution set back to like 640x480 or something when you installed the other card and had to reboot for crossfire? If so that will push all your icons all over the place.

Did your resolution set back to like 640x480 or something when you installed the other card and had to reboot for crossfire? If so that will push all your icons all over the place.

no, it booted up at the usual resolution (1600x1200)...

Erh, if you lost half of your icons why don't you just copy them to the desktop?

Easier solution then trying to go through drivers and etc.

Windows 7 with the latest ATI drivers (9.8 IIRC), also, when I booted up this morning they came back...

OMFGALIENABDUCTION!!1!1!!1!!1!!!11!!!!!

:p

Back