is this flow rate normal?

ryuji

2[H]4U
took video through my case's top window, this is the front most corner of the res oppocite of the cap on the typhoon res, the one with four barbs
http://69.164.103.233:81/c.avi
look now since its coming straight off my pc cant guarentee how long i can leave it there and bear it
my friend said the flow rate was overkill and abnormal

no such thing as overkill flow, so long as you are not getting cavitation.

you might want to tweak how your res is oriented to make sure the none of those small bubbles ever get sucked back out of it. other than that, if the pump isn't making funny noises it's all good.

DFI Daishi said:
no such thing as overkill flow, so long as you are not getting cavitation.

you might want to tweak how your res is oriented to make sure the none of those small bubbles ever get sucked back out of it. other than that, if the pump isn't making funny noises it's all good.
is that a average ammount of flow tho? every once in a while the pump gets a hold of a few air bubbles and pulls them through, the sound pisses me off but its so hard to get 100% of the air out of the res(got so much flow that even filling it as best as i can do it still sucks some in)

ryuji said:
is that a average ammount of flow tho? every once in a while the pump gets a hold of a few air bubbles and pulls them through, the sound pisses me off but its so hard to get 100% of the air out of the res(got so much flow that even filling it as best as i can do it still sucks some in)
once again: try to reorient the res such that the pump does not suck in any air bubbles. if the res is not able to trap and hold the air that is moving through your system, under the influence of a D5 pump, if i am remembering correctly, then your res is poorly suited to your purposes, and you should look at changing that in some way, rather than saying that "the pump is pumping water too fast/well"

i think that you are most likely moving a perfectly normal volume of coolant, for someone with a high-flowing loop and a D5 pump. swiftech recognize that there was an issue between that pump and their normal res in their apex kit, and so switched over to a res that deals with high coolant flow rates better.

i use a T-line, with a MASSIVE pump, and i never have to worry about this sort of stuff.......:)

is it going to hurt anything just letting it be? i get 26C idle and 30C load on cpu so im fine with the temps, gpu is 34 idle 40 load

ryuji said:
is it going to hurt anything just letting it be? i get 26C idle and 30C load on cpu so im fine with the temps, gpu is 34 idle 40 load
no real harm, slightly premature pump wear that probably won't even come into play, and that annoying noise every time a bubble gets sucked into the pump.

Back