I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Another consideration in a (hypothetical) transition from A05(N) to A05NF is that the access/window side is now the other side of the case ... so there a chance that the case will need to be positioned somewhere else in the workplace, which is not always easily achievable.

Another consideration in a (hypothetical) transition from A05(N) to A05NF is that the access/window side is now the other side of the case ... so there a chance that the case will need to be positioned somewhere else in the workplace, which is not always easily achievable.

Or it could solve a problem that many current A05 owners have because their opening panel is already on the wrong side. It works both ways.

This might have been questioned already but has anyone put wheels from a PC-V1000B on the A05 yet? I would love to buy the anodized black wheels to put on the A05

Yup a few pages back a user fitted the casters from other Lian Li models onto the A05N, not sure if any modifications were needed, but it looked like a straight forward installation.

Time to build; into the Lian Li goes core i7 2600K, Asus P8z68v-pro, 2x4 G.Skill DDR3, Prolimatech Megahalem, Seasonic 650W PSU.

The picture is ugly large and blurry .. otherwise I don't see a problem (other than some drive bays not being utilized) :D:D:D

Will hopefully get better pictures when it's finished. Need to modify the front power connector and leak test before I can even run it.

Is there some WC controller in the top 5.25" bay? If not, you can probably move your HDD in there, take the drive cage out and use the space to re-arrange the tubing

I've had my A05N for a while and just don't care for the newer revision. I think it lost some of what makes it unique. Also, with the motherboard switched "back" you can no longer put an matx board with a internal water loop (240mm rad) in the top.

I'm thinking about getting this case in a couple of months (when I get back from Afghanistan.) I really like the no-compromise design of this case: (almost) small form-factor for easier portability than my current CM Stacker 830 with room for a full ATX mobo, and classy design to boot.

I like the new version personally. I like the blowhole on top and the ports on the front, as I will probably be keeping the tower on top of my desk next to my monitor.

Here's what I'm thinking about doing: I know the design is supposed to be back-to-front air flow, but with the blowhole on top, I was thinking about putting both front and back fans to suck air in and then have a 140mm high-CFM Yate Loon on top to blow the hot air out. Would this be a decent idea or really bad for air flow? Also thinking about modding to put a fan in the side to blow directly on the GPU area (Going to have 2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS in SLi). The rear intake fan spot will be used for a Corsair H70 with only a single 120mm Silverstone Air Penetrator fan sucking in cool air from outside. Also planning on putting either an Air Penetrator or a high-CFM Yate loon in the front. Also going to have 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance RAM with the Corsair memory fans.

Also, I have the Corsair 850 modular PSU. Is there enough room for that with my 2 GPUs down on the bottom?

Any other thoughts?

I'm thinking about getting this case in a couple of months (when I get back from Afghanistan.) I really like the no-compromise design of this case: (almost) small form-factor for easier portability than my current CM Stacker 830 with room for a full ATX mobo, and classy design to boot.

I like the new version personally. I like the blowhole on top and the ports on the front, as I will probably be keeping the tower on top of my desk next to my monitor.

Here's what I'm thinking about doing: I know the design is supposed to be back-to-front air flow, but with the blowhole on top, I was thinking about putting both front and back fans to suck air in and then have a 140mm high-CFM Yate Loon on top to blow the hot air out. Would this be a decent idea or really bad for air flow? Also thinking about modding to put a fan in the side to blow directly on the GPU area (Going to have 2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS in SLi). The rear intake fan spot will be used for a Corsair H70 with only a single 120mm Silverstone Air Penetrator fan sucking in cool air from outside. Also planning on putting either an Air Penetrator or a high-CFM Yate loon in the front. Also going to have 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance RAM with the Corsair memory fans.

Also, I have the Corsair 850 modular PSU. Is there enough room for that with my 2 GPUs down on the bottom?

Any other thoughts?

One of my builds from 07 or 08 had the fans set up like that except I used a 120 on the top. My friend is using it now with a 2500k, gtx 460 sli setup. It's working out pretty well right now. If the cards will fit would depend on your boards slot layout and what you've got on the lid (like a fan). With my buddies rig, the second card sits in the second to last slot and covers the last leaving just a little bit of space for the second card. Temps are still alright though. I'll double check what his load temps were but I remember them being pretty decent.

That's good to know about the temps. The fan in the top won't be an issue with the graphics cards in the new version, I'm more concerned with the length of the graphics cards interfering with the power supply in the bottom.

Forgot to mention, if you go with pretty much any version of this case, you can grab something like a BS-02 or BS-03 add-on and it'll screw right on. No need to mod anything.

Ugh, just started to do a little math and I'm thinking I may have an issue with fitting my graphics cards and PSU both in the bottom of the new revision (PC-A05FNB). I have the Corsair HX850 PSU (@ 7.09"L) and so far one of these EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS graphics cards (@9.0"L) with plans on getting a second for SLi. Can someone measure the interior length of the A05-NB or A05-FNB if someone has one already? My concern is the EVGA card has the power connections on the end as opposed to the side on some others like ASUS or MSI. If its going to be a problem, I'll probably end up selling the EVGA and getting a pair of ASUS cards.

BTW I've got a couple of months before I can even start to put this thing together... I had started purchasing parts to rebuild my desktop from the ground up a couple months ago when I got short-term noticed of a summer vacation to Afghanistan.:mad: I have the PSU and GPU already waiting at home because I had placed that order the day before I found out.

P.S. I just found out about those fans, and actually I'm thinking the BS-06A is what I'll be going with. I'm planning on modding the side panel to add a plexi window as well as painting the interior either black or red, and that thing would look a lot better than a fan in the window.

Last edited:
Finally decided to stop being lazy and clean up the wiring in mine.

Went from this:
quady2.jpg

To this:
c2q_clean.jpg

Two months ago, I gave feedback to someone asking about the Lian Li BS-08 slot cooler. I thought I'd give an update to it.

I had some heat build up, since in my new apartment the AC blows virtually no cool air into the office. While I was checking how to improve my airflow, I noticed I had zero suction on the intake of the PCI slot cooler, it couldn't even hold up a receipt. The slot cooler is 1.5 inches wide, so with 25mm thick fans installed, there is only half an inch of space for air to move inside the cooler.

This is not enough space due to disturbance close to the fans. The fans as sucking air from in front of the fan through the gaps around the blade and then pushing it right back to where it came. It only minimally helps cooling a graphic card for adding a little air flow, even if it's warm air inside the case.

I took the fans out of the slot cooler and mounted them onto the outside (you'll have to use something to close air gaps, I'm currently using double stacked foam tape until I can get some rubber to use as a seal). This now gives a 1.5in wide channel for air to move from the PCI slots to the fans. I do suction at the slots, but not as much as I would like to see for 2 120mm fans.

Tried playing with further as an exhaust, and it works fine as one. Interesting that its easier to push air through the 1.5 in slot cooler, but pulling causes too much disturbance.

Last edited:
grrr- fed up of waiting for the T-LM14B-2 top cover to be back in stock over here so i'm going to do like OC maximus did in his thread over on XS.

rather than link the image and use up his bandwidth, heres a link to the exact post Here

he's just used a drill to make the holes using some mesh as a guide

I'm in the same boat w.r.t. T-LM14B-2 top -- refuse to pay half a price of the new case that frozencpu.com is charging (especially after newegg.com selling it for under $20), but looking through my WTB thread has not been exactly productive either.
It's interesting that no one tried what OC Maximus did in 5000 posts here .. although most of us seen the idea on many Lian-Li case front panels. The key thing for him was that stainless steel mesh template -- not something easy to come by. Brilliant idea on his part and great execution.

I've decided to ditch my BS-08 and cut a blowhole exhaust in the center of the top panel.

I'd like to keep my case favoring positive pressure, any suggestions on where to place another intake? I was thinking an intake along the bottom panel below the CPU heatsink. This puts the general air flow from the bottom rear toward the front center/topcenter.

Only other ideas I had were an intake and exhaust on the top panel just to cycle out the air pocket up there, or put the intake somewhere on the side panel.

I personally hate side panel fans. Think they look tacky and are annoying to wire well.

Yup, I hate them as well. Fractal Design cases are excellent examples of cases better off without a side panel fan cutout. From a completely aesthetic point of view of course. :eek:

Thanks for the input. Here is my layout idea. The red fans indicate the additions.

a05flow1.png

The top fan has the most room to pick from, I'm not sure if it would be best placed directly over the video card blowers, or up in the corner to swirl back from the center of the case. Does the suction of an exhaust restrict the video card's ability to pull in air? I'll place it such, that I could add another fan if needed.

The bottom, not too much choice, it's either in the center, or slid back and blowing onto the heatsink, since I don't want it too close to the feet.

Question for the modders. I plan to have my A05FNB at desk level to the right of my desk, so I'd like to create side panel on the case's left side panel so that it faces me. Now, there are two versions of this case available, both with different orientations. Not thinking, I ordered the Mini Tower from Newegg. It has the rear intake fan on the bottom for an upside down motherboard. This is what I want. However, it has access from the right side, which I don't want.

miniu.gif

The other version, the Mid Tower, has USB 3.0 opens on the right side which I do want, but the rear exhaust fan is at the top for a standard motherboard orientation.

midr.gif

My question is, can I simply flip-flop the inner panels to make the Mini Tower accessible from the right side? If not, can I flip flip only the motherboard tray and rear panel if I get the Mid Tower so I can install my motherboard upside down?

I'm confusing you, let me know. Thanks!

Question for the modders. I plan to have my A05FNB at desk level to the right of my desk, so I'd like to create side panel on the case's left side panel so that it faces me. Now, there are two versions of this case available, both with different orientations. Not thinking, I ordered the Mini Tower from Newegg. It has the rear intake fan on the bottom for an upside down motherboard. This is what I want. However, it has access from the right side, which I don't want.

miniu.gif

The other version, the Mid Tower, has USB 3.0 opens on the right side which I do want, but the rear exhaust fan is at the top for a standard motherboard orientation.

midr.gif

My question is, can I simply flip-flop the inner panels to make the Mini Tower accessible from the right side? If not, can I flip flip only the motherboard tray and rear panel if I get the Mid Tower so I can install my motherboard upside down?

I'm confusing you, let me know. Thanks!

You'll have to drill out the rivets and find a new way to attach the internals as the tray and most of the internal parts are hard rivetted in. If you drill out the rivets and flip the struts on all sides, it should be doable.

Last edited:
As far as I know both A05's are the same dimension? The latest revision adds a few bells and whistles, but the major change is the orientation of the motherboard. Just return the A05NB, the one you ordered, for the A05FNB. Otherwise, Spare-Flair's advice is exactly what you need to do.

Regarding the rivets, I see that Performance PC's has a set of LL rivets. Will I need those or will whatever Lowes has work?

Back