HP 3065 30" yellow spot problem. need help

Z06

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay so I put a wtb post on Craigslist for a 30" monitor and this guy emails me and ends ul sending me a video of the monitor and explains the problems. etc...

He describes it as a 7 round yellowish stains... Can these be fixed, removed...etc...? If not I Wont bother with it at all. But if they could be. I might snatch it up. Just to try 30" out for once.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

This does happen sometimes to IPS monitors. The only solution, if they are under warranty, is to send them back to the manufacturer and get a replacement monitor. The yellow stains will not be removable, and they are likely growing and will continue to grow.

DO NOT BUY IT.

Damn... He's come down a lot on his price. Down to $350. But thanks for the info.

It is possible the stains won't progress any further.. it's some sort of separation between layers in the panel so can't be DIY fixed though. Did the video provided show them against a solid colour background? This is where they show up most easily (some colours more than others). May be less noticeable in real usage.

Back