How to pack PSU to send off for warranty?

ideviouz

Gawd
Hi guys... so my 1000HX decided to stop working. Computer doesn't feel like turning itself on anymore and I did the paper clip test while connected to a fan, nothing.
This is actually the first time I've ever had a psu stop working or not work as it's supposed to, so I've never had to pack a PSU or ship it off.

I've long lost the actual PSU box, so don't know what to ship it in. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I've heard Corsair has great warranty service but like I said, I've never had to use it.. would anyone be willing to share some stories as well as give some tips on how to send it?

Thanks for all the help in advance guys!

If you do an "advanced" RMA, they'll ship you a retail box with everything in it. Simply take out the new PSU, put your broken one in, and ship the psu back in the box it came in.

If you send a message to Redbeard (corsair rep) I'm sure he can help you out on getting an RMA started.

How would I do an advanced RMA? Didn't even know that was an option.. I already got an RMA # and everything already :(

In the meantime, I'll look for a shoebox. Thanks!

I'd recommend a medium flat-rate box from usps with wadded up newspaper and a tracking number, if you're not doing that advanced thing that is.

Back