hot? acer 14" lappie/canon printer/sony slingbox $500

wasupdog

n00b
staples b&m has an acer intel dual core 1.73ghz 14.1" lappie (weighs only 5.3 pounds), canon mp160 printer/scanner/copier and the sony version of the slingbox for $499.96 after $70's worth of mail in rebates but u gotta pay tax.

i'm only in the market for a 14 inch lappie cus i don't wanna carry anything heavy around. i don't really need the printer but the sony location free thingy, while not quite as user friendly as the slingbox, puts this deal over the edge. i'm probably gonna go down to staples after work today.

staples b&m has an acer intel dual core 1.73ghz 14.1" lappie (weighs only 5.3 pounds), canon mp160 printer/scanner/copier and the sony version of the slingbox for $499.96 after $70's worth of mail in rebates but u gotta pay tax.

i'm only in the market for a 14 inch lappie cus i don't wanna carry anything heavy around. i don't really need the printer but the sony location free thingy, while not quite as user friendly as the slingbox, puts this deal over the edge. i'm probably gonna go down to staples after work today.

I'm confused.. is this the laptop you are looking at?

Acer TravelMate 3260-4484

because it's saying $699 not 499.96.

just curious..

Staples b&m = Staples Brick & Mortar = Staples STORE, which means there probably isn't a link online for it and you need to go to your local store...

Right but sometimes there are links to local deals (like flyers) online.

No harm in asking, is there?

Yep we definately have this deal.

Too bad the printer blows but otherwise the slingbox is ok and the laptop is cool.

Our store here in manhattan has it on sale for 499.

Has the core duo, 1gb of ram, 80gb hd, dvdrom/cdrw, sd card reader, 3 usbs.

Really not that bad of a computer for the price.

Our store here in manhattan has it on sale for 499.

Has the core duo, 1gb of ram, 80gb hd, dvdrom/cdrw, sd card reader, 3 usbs.

Really not that bad of a computer for the price.

Hey has your store been getting a lot of returns on that black Compaq 15" laptop? My entire district has a 90% return rate which is really bad for our ESP.

Really? We pretty much sold all of the black compaqs, and no returns at all.. The price was hard to beat, 479 was one hell of a deal.

http://staples.shoplocal.com/staple...id=432105&pagenumber=12&listingid=-2092945842

^^the local flyer has an addition that shows the free sony location free slingbox thingy with the purchase of any non-HP or non-compaq lappie.

i bought it last night, i gotta go back there cus they way overcharged me :rolleyes: since i bought like 6 things in the combo deal including 2x1gig sticks of ram (all accessories are 20% off with the purchase of a laptop).

they have another coupon for a free 3 year warranty, it was some coupon the guy took from a stack of flyers and scanned in for me. i just looked at it, turns out it is free technical support/warranty for the printer. man, i don't even want that even if it's free.

edit: THIS IS A DUAL-CORE LAPPIE, not a core 2 duo. the c2duo's haven't dropped into this price range yet.

two questions..

first, what sort of battery life is this thing getting? I can't find a review on it..

second... you have to buy the laptop, printer, and sony's slingbox thing to get the 499 discount?

two questions..

first, what sort of battery life is this thing getting? I can't find a review on it..

second... you have to buy the laptop, printer, and sony's slingbox thing to get the 499 discount?

This laptop seems to be an AS5570. I can't figure out which submodel it is though.

No, you do not have to purchase the printer/sony station to get it for 499.

499 is the sale price.

The stuff is just extra. If you want the free printer, you have to pay it, and then get it back through rebates, as well with the sony station thing as well.

No, you do not have to purchase the printer/sony station to get it for 499.

499 is the sale price.

The stuff is just extra. If you want the free printer, you have to pay it, and then get it back through rebates, as well with the sony station thing as well.

Yep. I jumped on this deal with a plan :D

i can post the sub-model number after i get off of work. just look at the reviews on newegg for the 14.1" as5570 models, they only differ slightly. i think there is the same lappie on newegg with a different submodel number and the only differences are it has a 160g hd and a t2060 (1.6 compared to this 1.73ghz) intel dual core.

the battery life is probably pretty crappy, maybe btw 2.5-3 hours, look at the reviews on newegg. it's pretty small which keeps the overall weight of the lappie down which is why i bought it.

If you really really like rebates you can get this for free, check fatwallet or slickdeals for more details

Not a big fan of those low end Acer's. I work at BBY, and we sell very similar models and get a lot of returns.
Does anyone know why Acer partitions their HD's in half?

Not a big fan of those low end Acer's. I work at BBY, and we sell very similar models and get a lot of returns.
Does anyone know why Acer partitions their HD's in half?

My ASUS A8Jp had 2 equal partitions when I got it. And get this, THEY WERE FAT32! I formatted and reloaded that sucker the first day.

the full model number is as5570-2977.

found it :D http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/750046/
for those of u too lazy to look, what u do is pick up like 25 norton/mcafee/etc. titles when u buy your pc, front about 800 in cash and then u have to fill out literally 50 rebate forms and mail them in.

here was my deal:
acer lappie
canon mp160 printer/copier/scanner (didn't really need)
sony location free thing (i was actually looking for one of these)
pny 2x1gig notebook memory
free 3 year printer warranty
free pc tune up service :rolleyes:
11 foot printer cable i didn't want but the guy said it was gonna be free (it wasn't)
total with tax =
$911.50

went back and got the 20% discount on the ram and told the general manager handling my return that i told the guy i never wanted the printer cable so she gave it to me for free.
-54.08 (20% discount on ram and cable return which she let me keep)
-110.00 rebates
-113.67 the discount on the sony thing which they sold to me for 154.98, it's supposed to ring up manually with a 75.00 discount and 40$ rebate, it really needs another $40 off to be free which isn't in the system. when they rang me up the 40.00 rebate came out but they forgot to apply the 75.00 discount + another 40.00, so the confused GM gave me back 113.67 in cash. it was short maybe $5 but i didn't care.

OTD, staples FTW = 633.75 :p

first impressions, this thing is small, light and cheap. just how i like my wimminz :D :D :D seriously, this thing is slow as ass with the 2x512 sticks of ram and flies pretty damn good after i put the 2x1gig sticks in. uninstalled norton and installing kaspersky 7.0 for vista right now, it took all of 2 minutes to install. screen looks good and it really is pretty fast at full power on ac.

i read the entire link above only from fatwallet. if u are willing to put in the time u can get this lappie for free assuming u fill out all of the rebates and put up around 1100-1200$ up front, and i guess resell all of the software on fleabay for even more.

**there are 50$ off of $500 coupons, 20% off of all peripheral coupons, and 12% off of everything coupons on fleabay (read fatwallet) for staples b&m. depending on the mood of the general manager (if they ring u up) u can try and push to get the 20% or 12% off of the lappie, printer, and sony station too. i didn't know this but i don't care, i like my deal anyway.

Back