HD HomeRun Prime + Media Center Remote $164.99 - Newegg Shellshock

hdhr.jpg

I would say that this is a pretty hot deal since the HDHR Prime is normally 220 alone on newegg

I think its a good deal too, paid $220 for mine a couple months ago and I love it. Would not go back to time warner's cable box.

I can't find anywhere on Dish's website where they will provide you with a cable card.. Does anyone use this with Dish?

I can't find anywhere on Dish's website where they will provide you with a cable card.. Does anyone use this with Dish?

There's a reason you couldn't find it on Dish's website. WILL NOT work with satellite!

Sweet deal! In for one.

This is a cable tuner. Dish is a satellite provider. Hmmm.

Love my prime... Finally got rid of the cable boxes and their crappy software.

i got one of these a few months ago to replace my FIOS boxes and its pretty awesome. I use my 360 as an extender with the Microsoft WMC remote and it works flawlessly.

I save about $45 a month on STB rentals fees so it pays itself off in a few months.

How would I know if it works for my cable company? I have iscom and they list what they have here...
http://www.1scom.com/cable_tv.aspx

Should I just plan on skipping? I rent both a DVR and a cable player, so how would this work, if it did?

I'm skilled on the IT side of things, but not the cable tv side /sigh...

Hmm.. we have 2 TVs and while I would like to have it on my pc, my cable company isn't charging for the HD/DVR or the standard box for the other tv... hard to justify paying for this when I am already paying nothing... that is what I get for looking at the bill.

Are there any STB Media Center Extenders -- other than HTPC or Xbox360 -- currently available?

Bought one of these, then realized that I need HDMI and my xbox360 lacks HDMI and I really do not want to build a HTPC at this time.

Sold Out but just as I was checking eBay, one was ending for $150. Seems that could be able the going market price for a new one of these

Are there any STB Media Center Extenders -- other than HTPC or Xbox360 -- currently available?

Bought one of these, then realized that I need HDMI and my xbox360 lacks HDMI and I really do not want to build a HTPC at this time.

I have an original 360 without HDMI and it works fine as an extender...

main tv has 360 slim as extender

brother also has 360 slim as extender in his room

basement gym area has old hdmi-less 360 as extender

and then every PC in the house has WMC so pretty much you can watch live HD TV any where in the house.

Dear NewEgg,

Can you please re-offer this deal?

Thank you.

I've been looking for this thing to go on sale for a couple months now. :(

Back