Have a Zboard and Win64? Tough luck

debello_64

Gawd
I read some where on the board that the win64 drivers where coming out this month so I emailed them.

ZBOARD(TM) Request# [HD121557]

Details regarding your ZBOARD(TM) Customer Care Case is found below:

-----------------------------------------------------
REQUEST DETAILS
I was told that there would be windows 64 drivers coming out this month for the Zboard. Can you please tell me what the status is. If you do not have current plans for windows 64 drivers please let me know so that I can look in to oter salutions
[-Open- 08/18/2005 01:07:45 AM - - Request Submitted By Customer -]

Thank you for your interest in ZBOARD(TM) and our products.

After speaking with our engineers the Zboard(TM) was designed only for XP Home and XP Professional 32 bit system only.

However we are looking into developing drivers for XP-64bit and 64 bit with 32 O/S systems in the future. At this present time we are unable to confirm exact delivery dates during the development stage. However, we can assure you that we are focused on bringing these products to market as soon as possible.

Please continue to monitor our web site for new releases and updates at www.zboard.com and thanks again for your interest in ZBOARD(TM) the interchangeable keyboard/Keyset system.

BT
[-Responded- 08/19/2005 08:08:04 AM - support - Request Updated By Customer Care Team Member -]

Kinda disapointing considering that the new Logitech keyboards are going to have win64 support

Not really disappointing considering that Windows 64bit is

a) not very wide spread

b) driver support is very low in general right now

and

c) there are next to no programs taking advantage of the 64 bit yet.

Let's complain again in a year or so...

Back